You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-13 14:38:34

ExiaHan

[SOLVED] HUGE Black Border In All Apps from Gnome

Hello everyone, my window manager is  Openbox , and after i make a update, all the app that from gnome like "Evince", "File-roller" eg. have a huge black border, and also the volumeIcon trapicon also display un-correctly .....like what you can see in the picture...does it happens just because some feature is missing in the newest mesa driver or some? and is there some solution? thank u.

hugeblackborder

PS:sorry for my poor english.

Last edited by ExiaHan (2015-04-13 15:21:59)

#2 2015-04-13 14:46:26

teateawhy
Website

Re: [SOLVED] HUGE Black Border In All Apps from Gnome

Hi,

Please don't post huge images.
Are you using a custom theme for gtk? Try switching to the standard Adwaita theme and check if the problem persists. See https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GTK%2B#GTK.2B_3.x.

#3 2015-04-13 15:06:16

Raynman

See also "Troubleshooting - Client Side Decorations" on that page.

#4 2015-04-13 15:17:41

ExiaHan

teateawhy wrote:

Hi,

Please don't post huge images.
Are you using a custom theme for gtk? Try switching to the standard Adwaita theme and check if the problem persists. See https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GTK%2B#GTK.2B_3.x.

i am sorry for the huge pic.

it is the theme what i used cause the problem ,after i change theme to Adwaita, it display ok~~~thank you very much~

#5 2015-04-14 14:12:50

JohnWinkerbelt

Even if already solved, I want to give some extra tipps, how it can be decent looking and usable again. Taken from the wiki you can add this lightly reduced and modified lines to the ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css file:

.window-frame, .window-frame:backdrop {
    box-shadow: 0 0 0 black; /* removes shadow completely */
    border-style: none;
    margin: 1; /* this retains the ability to resize with the mouse, if 1px is too narrow, set some higher values */
    border-radius: 0;
}

As for myself, I am using Openbox as wm, Numix as theme and the rest are the xfce environemnt. The effects are all disabled, which results in these black borders in the first place. If you use tiling wm and keyboard only, set the margin to 0 for zero frame and maximum.. content.

With other words, no need to change themes, blame the.. hmm, wo exactly allowed this to be happen anyway..? Whatever..

Greetings and good luck

Depending on how you change a running system, it can break or gets better.

#6 2015-04-15 16:12:30

ExiaHan

JohnWinkerbelt wrote:

Even if already solved, I want to give some extra tipps, how it can be decent looking and usable again. Taken from the wiki you can add this lightly reduced and modified lines to the ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css file:

margin: 1; /* this retains the ability to resize with the mouse, if 1px is too narrow, set some higher values */
}

As for myself, I am using Openbox as wm, Numix as theme and the rest are the xfce environemnt. The effects are all disabled, which results in these black borders in the first place. If you use tiling wm and keyboard only, set the margin to 0 for zero frame and maximum.. content.

With other words, no need to change themes, blame the.. hmm, wo exactly allowed this to be happen anyway..? Whatever..

Greetings and good luck

Hi, thank you, i also use numix as the theme for openbox, as i do not want to change my theme from numix, i must say that your solution is great! it works on my pc~~~~thank u very much~thank u~

#7 2015-09-08 10:38:52

ferthelet
Website

JohnWinkerbelt wrote:

}

Greetings and good luck

Thank you! It worked for me as well...

--
Fer
Antergos + OB + Numix
Linux version 4.1.6-1-ARCH (builduser@tobias) (gcc version 5.2.0 (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Aug 17 08:52:28 CEST 2015

#8 2015-09-08 10:50:43

WorMzy
Forum Moderator
Website

I'm going to close this before it descends further into "me too"-ing.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fo … mpty_posts

Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

Board footer