You are not logged in.

#1 2006-04-09 23:47:54

clarity

Internet Access

Hello, I've just installed ArchLinux, and managed to dualboot it with Windows. I have used it before, and it was great. However, I got a new new computer, and didn't install Arch. Now, I've installed Arch again. My previously used version is the same version I'm using, 0.7.1. But, I have a problem with the new computer. I can't access the internet. I googled, searched the wiki, but I can't find how to get internet access. I have a basic network adapter that connects though an ethernet cord to a router. It's basic. Previously, I think I installed kernel 2.4, and don't remember if I configurated anything to get the internet working. Now, I have 2.6 installed, and the internet doesn't work. Thank you all very much for reading this, and I hope you can help me.

#2 2006-04-10 02:27:13

Cam
Website

Re: Internet Access

More info would be nice, is the ethernet link up? ifconfig should tell you that, it'll also let you know whether or not you're being assigned an IP which is a must as well. How is the network setup in /etc/rc.conf? I'd set eth0 to dhcp which most routers support and it makes things considerably easier. Running /etc/rc.d/network restart should apply any changes you make along the way so you can see if you've had a win without restarting smile

#3 2006-04-10 20:30:24

clarity

Re: Internet Access

Cam wrote:

More info would be nice, is the ethernet link up? ifconfig should tell you that, it'll also let you know whether or not you're being assigned an IP which is a must as well. How is the network setup in /etc/rc.conf? I'd set eth0 to dhcp which most routers support and it makes things considerably easier. Running /etc/rc.d/network restart should apply any changes you make along the way so you can see if you've had a win without restarting smile

Awesome, I'm going to try that big_smile

Thank you very much for your help!

Board footer