You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-08 00:27:29

markasoftware

Lots of weird glitches happening randomly???

My arch installation has been working more or less fine. However, today, I start up chromium like usual, create an extra tab, but when I go into the new tab, within a split second later chromium automatically switches back to the first tab. Same thing happens if I try to use the key combo (ctrl+2), after I release the keys it switches back to the first tab automatically. If I close the first tab, then it stays on the second tab (which is now really the first tab). Thinking it was a chromium issue, I switched into firefox. I could open new tabs just fine, and switch into them. However, there was a different issue: it would automatically zoom in whenever I held down control. When not holding shift, everything seemed to work normally. So, I switched into Opera, and now everything is working properly (I'm posting this from Opera right now). I haven't tried all the applications on my computer yet (obviously), but the only other issue that I've noticed is that sometimes, in the synapse launcher (which is what I use to open applications), it will sometimes automatically try to scroll down the list of applications. This issue seems intermittent, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Currently, I can't get this issue to repeat itself. I have already tried rebooting my machine and unplugging my keyboard, the problems are still there (even when i just do everything with my mouse and no keyboard). Any ideas? I have no idea wtf is going on here. I didn't do anything special that seems to have caused this...just yesterday it worked, today it's glitchy as hell. Thank you in advance!

#2 2015-09-08 02:20:30

markasoftware

Re: Lots of weird glitches happening randomly???

Ok, I've found out a bit more about this issue. It seems like it is automatically scrolling down, even without mouse connected. changing tabs in chrome? scrolling can cause it. Zooming in in firefox? Caused by CTRL+scroll. Scrolling in synapse? caused by scrolling. So, what can cause Arch to automatically scroll, even without a mouse attached to the PC?

#3 2015-09-08 06:22:13

ayekat

What DE/WM are you using? Is there any awkward configuration?
Is it a laptop, and if so, have you checked whether you accidentally touch the "scrolling part" of your touchpad?
Have you run any upgrades lately, and if so, could you post the relevant parts of /var/log/pacman.log?

Have you tried running xev and hovering your mouse over it and see whether the scrolling happens there, too?

pkgshackscfgblag

#4 2015-09-08 22:25:31

markasoftware

Ok, this is all very weird...but today everything fixed itself somehow! Even though I did restart a few times yesterday, and the glitch persisted through restarts, today, I just boot up, and it's gone, everything is back to normal.

Board footer