You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-10 19:52:43

Martinsos

Use bbswitch module in all kernels

Hi all,
Until recently I used only one kernel (linux) and had bbswitch module installed.
Few days ago I installed few other kernels: lts, ck and zen, and was trying them out, and realized that none of them could load bbswitch: they all report error message that it could not be loaded.
I downloaded headers for all of them and reinstalled bbswitch as suggested in some articles, but it did not help.
Then I went to zen, removed bbswitch and installed bbswitch-dkms. Now I had bbswitch working on zen, but again not on other kernels!

I am guessing that problem is that bbswitch positions itself only in tree of current kernel, so others can not load it?
What can I do to have all kernels be able to load it?
Should I put it in each kernel tree (that sounds too dirty), or maybe there is some other procedure that I am not aware of?
Thank you!

Last edited by Martinsos (2015-09-10 19:53:38)

#2 2015-09-10 21:50:36

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: Use bbswitch module in all kernels

yes, you have to compile and install it for each kernel. That's not dirty at all, let alone "too dirty".

#3 2015-09-11 09:25:18

Martinsos

Re: Use bbswitch module in all kernels

Thanks @tomk, I will do it then! I was thinking, since many people have multiple kernels, that there is some existing solution for installing modules across all of them, but I will probably write a bash script for it then.
But after I install modules for each kernel, they will be automatically updated by dkms on each kernel update, correct?

Board footer