You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-19 12:08:27

Icte

[X220] Problem with installation in UEFI mode [SOLVED]

Hello!

First time poster here. I am a long-time user of Windows 7 and Ubuntu through Virtualbox on my old laptop Lenovo X220 and have finally decided to take the plunge to Arch. I have previously used UEFI/Legacy Boot with Legacy Boot prioritized and have no difficulty booting to the USB-drive containing the Arch installation. However, when switching to UEFI Only in BIOS and trying to boot to the USB I get a different boot menu, with the following options:

Arch Linux archiso x86_64 UEFI CD
UEFI Shell x86_64 v1
UEFI Shell x86_64 v2
EFI Default Loader

Whenever I choose the first option the screen goes blank and the computer seems to reboot back to this menu (it won't boot to Windows as it has been installed in Legacy Mode).

How do I get past this and into the Zsh shell prompt, in order to be able to install Arch? I would very much prefer using UEFI-mode over Legacy, and as far as I know there is no Secure Boot option for X220. My BIOS version is also 1.39 (pre-latest).

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by Icte (2015-09-19 13:01:32)

#2 2015-09-19 13:01:04

Icte

Re: [X220] Problem with installation in UEFI mode [SOLVED]

Quick update:

Managed to get it to work by trying with another USB and following the following guide to clean the USB thoroughly before mounting the .ISO on it:

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions … te-on-arch

Board footer