You are not logged in.

#1 2006-04-08 15:29:23

*lynx

Cannot Load any modules, and can not mount at /src

Hi

After make a USB Stick booting with arch iso,
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=18643

I will install Arch.

I can boot, and load the install program,but can not load any modul, and can not mount the pkg dir to /src, I don't know the device... and dmesg shows non

I dont know what I can do...

#2 2006-04-11 07:29:02

FUBAR
Website

Re: Cannot Load any modules, and can not mount at /src

Run "depmod -a" and try loading modules.

The device with the packages is your USB stick. Are you sure you have the appropriate support (usbcore, ehci_hcd, usb-storage, ...) in your kernel?

A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation.

#3 2006-04-11 08:23:46

sebcactus

I started to look at it.
It does not work because the necessary modules to mount the usb stick are not included in the mods-base package (usbstorage, ehci, uhci, sd_mod, scsi_mod, vfat, etc)

I tried to "hack" the mods-base.tar.gz in /addons/ by adding the necessary modules, but it seems that it is not the same mods-base.tar.gz that is uncompressed during the boot process.

Ok I found what has to be done: change the initrd.img so that the mods-base.tar.gz contains those modules... I am on the way wink

By the way is the FTP installation working? Because you don't have the ethernet modules.

#4 2006-04-11 14:31:26

sebcactus

In progress.
The nls_cp437 module is missing in the install_cd and we therefore can not mount any vfat device (which is the case of the usb stick). I will request this feature.
I can't try my own modules since I am now with kernel2.6.16 and the arch-base.iso is kernel2.6.15

Board footer