You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-20 17:30:18

Shadowigor

[SOLVED] Problem with suspend (pm-utils/systemd)

Hi,

I'm having problems suspending my machine. I tried it in two different ways:

1. pm-utils
I tried 'pm-suspend' as well as 'pm-is-supported --suspend' but they both seem to fail and don't do anything. I tried looking at '/var/log/pm-suspend.log', but there is no such file. dmesg doesn't show anything. I ran both as normal user and as root. I tried 'echo 1 > /sys/power/pm_trace' as well as 'PM_DEBUG=true' as suggested somewhere.

2. systemd
I tried it with 'systemctl suspend' and that worked better. But somehow it doesn't suspend entirely. The fan is still on and I have no idea how to turn it off. lm_sensors fails to control my fans, so I'm not able to turn it off manually at the moment. I think the fan is somehow BIOS controlled, as there are options to set the fan speed there. So I'm not sure if the suspend was really successful. I saw somewhere that you might have to set standby mode to 'S3' in BIOS to make it work, but I haven't found anything like that in my BIOS. EDIT: The CPU is also staying hot.

I have a ASRock C2550D4I with an Intel Atom C2550, no DE/WM, if that's relevant.

Last edited by Shadowigor (2015-09-21 19:20:23)

#2 2015-09-21 15:07:20

respiranto
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Problem with suspend (pm-utils/systemd)

I don't know if it makes sense, since both mentioned methods probably do this or something equivalent internally, but just in case:

# echo mem > /sys/power/state

In general the output of `dmesg | tail' and `journalctl -xe' after suspending (and necessarily resuming) might be interesting.

#3 2015-09-21 19:19:18

Shadowigor

Re: [SOLVED] Problem with suspend (pm-utils/systemd)

Well, I looked at the datasheet of the processor and I saw this:

"ACPI system power states supported: G0 (S0), G2 (S5), G3 (Mechanical Off) — G1 (S1, S2, S3, S4) are not supported."

So, I guess I know now why I had no luck. I have no idea why Intel does this, it's quite annoying.

Board footer