You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-16 13:01:15

Mr_and_Mrs_D

[SOLVED]Rotate screen on login on xfce

I had an old install of arch I started using again - nvidia card with legacy drivers

Now somewhere along the update process (long and windy) the screen, that I had it rotate to portrait mode on login, does rotate and then (some seconds after) returns to landscape. Two questions:

1. Where could this setting be ? I really have totally forgotten where could this be and I apparently have to go and erase it (as something else runs after it and returns the screen to default)
2. What is the correct way to set up my screen to rotate on `startx` ?

I am on xfce with Xfwm (is this relevant ?)

Last edited by Mr_and_Mrs_D (2015-09-26 02:37:48)

#2 2015-09-16 14:13:48

nixpunk

Re: [SOLVED]Rotate screen on login on xfce

I'm not sure if there's a "correct way," but you could use xrandr or configure xorg to do the rotation.

#3 2015-09-16 18:03:16

Mr_and_Mrs_D

nixpunk wrote:

I'm not sure if there's a "correct way," but you could use xrandr or configure xorg to do the rotation.

How would I go about that ?

#4 2015-09-16 21:42:40

nixpunk

For starters:

man xrandr
man xorg.conf

Search both pages for 'rotate' and you will find the relevant sections.  You can also consult the wiki for both.  Basic idea would be generate an xorg.conf file and add rotate option there, or call xrandr with the proper options any time after xorg loads.

#5 2015-09-26 02:37:17

Mr_and_Mrs_D

Well - the setting reverting is just due to stray setting here (Session and startup > Application Autostart):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sjwnblngvylw8 … 0right.png

namelly `xandr -o right` (at that time i needed a right turn)

Turns out that to have the display autorotate one just needs to set it in Settings > Display - then it will be remembered

So i had set it there once to left - and then when loging in, xandr turned it right so it returned to default. Mystery solved and screen portrait.

Board footer