You are not logged in.

#1 2006-04-11 23:28:43

magnum_opus

questions/request on ROX

okay so i've installed arch on a laptop, and have a fluxbox/rox thing going on, or trying to at least

so:
1. is there a way to specify a set window size?
it won't be a problem for ever i suppose but right now i have about 6 things in my home directory so whenever i open rox i have a miniscule window, and i really dislike auto resize so it stays like that until i resize it. now i'm using fluxbox so i told fluxbox to remember a window dimension and that works fine except it's smaller than the options menu needs to be (again it won't be an issue eventually just while i'm setting up, but still)

and

2. is there a way to be able to have an arbitrary command in the file menu? really i just want an open with, which shouldn't be a problem. but i also want an "extract here" option in right click like i get in xffm/nautilus/xfe
the request being if anyone has already put some work into making the associations editting the file menu, could i just grab their bits?

#2 2006-04-12 00:36:09

sash

Re: questions/request on ROX

With fluxbox, you can click on the title bar of the window (any window, not just ROX) and specify that attributes like dimensions, position, etc are remembered.

Don't know about No. 2, sounds interesting. If you figure it out, please share.

#3 2006-04-12 00:55:28

emma

I like the autoresize, so if what sash said does not work then I have no idea.

There should be a customise menu option which will make a custom menu for whatever filetype you choose. Just make symlinks to things in there. For extracting things, check out Archive. It does not add itself to the menu, but when set as the run action for compressed files it makes extracting them very simple. Cheers.

#4 2006-04-12 16:33:28

dtw
Forum Fellow
Website

I wrote a bit about using Send To in Rox on my website - youc an check it out here:

http://dtw.jiwe.org/content.php?article.4

#5 2006-04-12 16:35:38

sebcactus

2. is there a way to be able to have an arbitrary command in the file menu? really i just want an open with, which shouldn't be a problem. but i also want an "extract here" option in right click like i get in xffm/nautilus/xfe
the request being if anyone has already put some work into making the associations editting the file menu, could i just grab their bits?

To have an open with, you can use the SendTo menu command:
The documentation is on the ROX website

An example is to make a link from /usr/bin/gimp-remote to
~/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/SendTo/.image/"The Gimp"

Board footer