You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-08 21:16:03

shield_of_hope

[SOLVED]Intel Galileo: "Error compiling" on IntelArduino-1.6.0-Linux64

I am trying to compile software for Intel Galileo board using a special Arduino IDE customized by Intel. It seems that my system recognizes the development board but it can't compile the code. The problem might be that Galileo uses i586 instruction set but Arch Linux as well as gcc and g++ are optimized for i686. Besides, I am using 64-bit version of Arch. When starting the IDE, it prints the following lines to terminal:

Board intel:i686:izmir_ec doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: I686_IZMIR_EC
Board intel:i586-uclibc:izmir_fd doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: I586-UCLIBC_IZMI
Board intel:i586-uclibc:izmir_fg doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: I586-UCLIBC_IZMI

After trying to verify the sketch (to compile but not try to upload the binary) the IDE gives an error message:

Setting it up.../tmp/tmp.zD2sYlg7YW/relocate_sdk.sh /home/$myusername/Downloads/IntelArduino-1.6.0-Linux64/arduino-1.6.0+Intel/hardware/tools/i586/relocate_sdk.sh
  File "/home/$myusername/Downloads/IntelArduino-1.6.0-Linux64/arduino-1.6.0+Intel/hardware/tools/i586/relocate_sdk.py", line 98
    print "ERROR: could not relocate %s, interp size = %i and %i is needed." % (elf_file_name, p_memsz, len(new_dl_path) + 1)
                                                                           ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
SDK could not be set up. Relocate script failed. Abort!
Error compiling.

I installed gcc-multilib but that didn't help anything. Any ideas how could I get this working? Programming is definetely not my strongest sides. I know that on Ubuntu-based distros Galileo works out-of-the-box but I would not like to install one just for that.

Last edited by shield_of_hope (2015-10-27 09:21:10)

#2 2015-10-09 06:29:02

mauritiusdadd

Re: [SOLVED]Intel Galileo: "Error compiling" on IntelArduino-1.6.0-Linux64

That SyntaxError makes me think that the program must be run using python2, but in Archlinux the default python executable is a actually link to python3. In most cases the issue can be fixed by changing the shebang in every python source file to

#!/usr/bin/python2

and replacing the python executable with python2 in every other file provided by the program. The question is how did you install the IDE? Did you use a PKGBUILD?

About me - github

-- When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth -- Spock | Sherlock Holmes

#3 2015-10-27 09:15:37

shield_of_hope

Re: [SOLVED]Intel Galileo: "Error compiling" on IntelArduino-1.6.0-Linux64

Finally I had enough time to investigate this thing. I am using Intel Galileo for my study-related work. The first line of the file 'relocate_sdk.py' was:

#!/usr/bin/env python

I replaced it with:

#!/usr/bin/python2

and the IDE started working like a charm. Somehow it shows three different ports (/dev/ttyACM0, /dev/ttyACM1, /dev/ttyACM2). It may be related on that I have three USB ports on my computer, but I doesn't really matter because I know that usually the last one of the ports works.

Board footer