You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-12 21:22:56

drgn

urxvt*.blurRadius, different results on other system

I'm currently trying to mimic my urxvt setup on my new system. Both use i3wm with no settings that affects the background, the same(-ish) compton.conf, and urxvt settings that are related to transparency and background blur:

URxvt*.transparent: true
URxvt*.shading: 20
URxvt*.blurRadius: 80

These are screenshots from a fullscreen urxvt with the same background, albeit at different resolutions:
Laptop system, and Desktop system.

While the second image is probably the correct way for a blurred background in urxvt, it's close to useless if you plan to move your terminal windows or open a new one. It takes ages for the background to render when the window is created and resized. However, on the setup in the prior image, spawning a new window and resizing it is instant. There is only a small delay for the background to render.

There is a big difference between the systems, but my guess is that the blur doesn't work all that well (?) with xf86-video-intel (which is on the laptop) but it does with the open source radeon drivers. Or is it because or something else?

Main point of this post: can I somehow reproduce the background on the laptop's setup on the desktop's? Thank in advance!

Board footer