You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-14 12:24:47

tpfkanep

async mount option

I have tried mount, udiskie-mount, an fstab entry & udiskctl, but I cannot get removable drives to mount with async option. What is the correct way to do this?

#2 2015-10-14 19:46:23

zamzing

Re: async mount option

What was your mount command?  I think async is used by default.

#3 2015-10-15 04:25:30

tpfkanep

udiskie-mount -o async /dev/sdf1

failed to mount /org/freedesktop/UDisks2/block_devices/sdf2: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.UDisks2.Error.OptionNotPermitted: Mount option `async' is not allowed

udisksctl mount -b /dev/sdf1 -o async

Error mounting /dev/sdf1: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.UDisks2.Error.OptionNotPermitted: Mount option `async' is not allowed

if I use: mount /dev/sdf1 usb/ -o async I get no error, but when I check the mount options I get no indication of the async option being used:

/dev/sdf1 on /home/tpfkanep/usb type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)

I have tried vfat, xfs, jfs, reiserfs filesystems.

Edit:
mounting via fstab mounts the filesystem, but there is no indication that async option was used.

Last edited by tpfkanep (2015-10-15 04:28:03)

#4 2015-10-17 08:08:13

zamzing

tpfkanep wrote:

mounting via fstab mounts the filesystem, but there is no indication that async option was used.

Some default options, such as async, suid, dev, exec, auto, and nouser do not show up listing mounted filesystems (either with "mount" or "cat /proc/mounts"). I suppose they are assumed to be in effect when their opposite option is absent.  That is, if you use sync, nosuid, nodev, or noexec options, you will see those listed. 

From my tests, it seems like other default options such as relatime and rw always show up and others such as user and noauto never show up.  I have no idea how this is determined, but maybe there is a way to display ALL the options used.  Anybody know?

What I do know is that for vfat filesystems, if you don't specifically use "sync", then "async" is used.

Board footer