You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-22 10:16:16

piedro

How to correctly start dropbox with KDE session?

Hello!

After I've tried everything from the Wiki (at least what applied) I'll try here:

How can I start dropbox correctly with KDE?

- I can start it only one time only after I typed "LANG=de_DE.UTF-8" and then "dropbox"
- next login dropbox doesn't start anymore and the method above doesn't work anymore (though KDE tries to start the dropbox.desktop file)

I know how to enable a systemctl service but the wiki asks to start a user service via systemctl to start dropbox at KDE login and then edit the service unit. This part I do not understand... but I do not think it does make the difference if dropbox doesn't start manually.

Also I found hints that the auto update of dropbox should be disabled but the hack described in the wiki doesn't apply - I do not have any .dropbox-dist folder.

I also asked in the Arch forum for KDE but have not got any answer.

thx, p.

#2 2015-10-22 17:31:26

PhilippD

Re: How to correctly start dropbox with KDE session?

What is the output of

LANG=de_DE.UTF-8 dropbox 

By the way, something may be wrong with your locale settings if the above command never works without setting the LANG variable. The relevant entry in the wiki: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Locale

Last edited by PhilippD (2015-10-22 17:32:04)

#3 2015-10-22 19:36:57

piedro

Re: How to correctly start dropbox with KDE session?

I do not find any misconfigurations in the "locale" settings, it's all done correctly and worked for over three years now...
Dropbox also worked before it just stopped now. It's version 3.10.8-1 from the AUR. But I don't think the version does matter...

There is no output of

LANG=de_DE.UTF-8 dropbox

the folder ~/.dropbox gets created,
after that dropbox stops silently...   

thx, p.

Last edited by piedro (2015-10-22 19:41:43)

Board footer