You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-14 09:10:05

beanaroo

Previous EFI boot entry disappears on reboot.

efibootmgr functions as expected. After creating a new entry, it lists the current/old item along with the new item.
Upon rebooting, EFI only lists the recently created entry. The previous disappears. Thus I can only have one EFI boot entry at a time???

From what I've read, it could be something to do with NVRAM. Not sure. I have tried creating when booted with the efi_no_storage_paranoia kernel parameter, same effect.

I'm running Tianocore UEFI in a QEMU/KVM virtual machine. I intend to use it for studying and I would like to be able to use different kernels and parameters.

#2 2015-10-21 21:06:37

olive

Re: Previous EFI boot entry disappears on reboot.

I know that real UEFI (on real hardware) can be buggy especially regarding the EFI boot entry. Some of them accept only the default bootx64.efi (I think it is the case in Virtualbox) some only bootmgr.efi (Windows boot loader),... I have no idea about Tianocore UEFI in qemu but usually, you find a way to convince the UEFI system to boot your favorite boot manager (for example refind but there are other ones) and you configure it to launch the efi application you want with the wanted parameters.

#3 2015-10-23 08:18:04

beanaroo

Re: Previous EFI boot entry disappears on reboot.

Thank you, I presumed as much. gummiboot/systemd-boot works just fine so there is no problem. Just curious if there are specs I don't know about.

Board footer