You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-24 16:58:41

gentix

[SOLVED] How can you find out what executables a package installs?

Im using xmonad as a window manager and Im trying to configure the appearance of GTK windows (currently buttons text and images in GTK windows are HUGE). Ive successfully installed kde-gtk-config using

sudo pacman -S kde-gtk-config

but now running

kde-gtk-config

doesnt do anything. I assume this is because the executable associated with kde-gtk-config has a different name but how can I find out what it is?

I found out about kde-gtk-config here but the instructions for running it (System Settings > Application Appearance > GTK) seem to assume you have some kind of desktop manager installed.

Last edited by gentix (2015-10-24 19:20:59)

#2 2015-10-24 17:02:30

Chazza
Wiki Maintainer

Re: [SOLVED] How can you find out what executables a package installs?

Generally, the executable files for a package will be located in /usr/bin. Package files can be listed with pacman -Ql pkgname. So

pacman -Ql kde-gtk-config | grep /usr/bin

should give you what you're after.

#3 2015-10-24 17:08:52

arojas
Developer

kde-gtk-config is not a standalone application, is a module for Plasma system settings. Unless you plan to install Plasma, you should look for another alternative.

#4 2015-10-24 19:19:11

gentix

Chazza wrote:

Generally, the executable files for a package will be located in /usr/bin. Package files can be listed with pacman -Ql pkgname.

Good to know.

arojas wrote:

kde-gtk-config is not a standalone application, is a module for Plasma system settings. Unless you plan to install Plasma, you should look for another alternative.

Ahh ok that makes sense. I was getting KDE mixed up wth Qt. Thanks!

#5 2015-10-24 21:50:23

karol
Archivist

gentix wrote:

I assume this is because the executable associated with kde-gtk-config has a different name but how can I find out what it is?

The Arch wiki is has the answer: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fr … tart_it.3F

Board footer