You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-27 16:27:00

Webscratcher

Arch can't asbalish web connection after a bios update

Hi guys,
I have a little problem with installing arch on my pc. I had arch installed before but i didn't used it that much and at some point I needed more space for windows. So I formatted the partition and added it over a live-system to windows.
Now I wanted to install it again, this time on a own hdd. In between this time i update my bios to the latest version, I didn't changed any hardware on my pc, the bios is the only thing that changed.

When I started the live-version of arch (latest of course) i couldn't establish any connection over my network-card.
I tried to let him search for an IP with dhcpcd enp3s0. The only thing he replied was that the time for search timed out.
I tried to set the IP manually, but then I could only ping to the main router, I couldn't ping any website.
I did a setup from arch more than one time, everytime with the same help guide ( I printed it out ).

If you could give me any advice where i should search for the error or if you can give me a solution to try, i would really appreciate it. hmm

Thank you in advance big_smile

#2 2015-10-27 17:25:55

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Arch can't asbalish web connection after a bios update

What chip set does your Ethernet interface use?  (  lspci -nn )
What is the output of ip link   ?
Are the Link LEDs on your interface where the cable plugs in lit?  How about the lights for the port into which your PC is plugged on your router?

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer