You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-29 13:39:02

rvu95

Failed to install gcc-gcj

I'mtrying to install gcc-gjc but the connection always failed, "curl: (56) Recv failure: Connection timed out". Any idea why I'malways getting this message? I'll use the gcc-gjc to install pdftk package.

#2 2015-10-29 14:54:18

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: Failed to install gcc-gcj

How are you trying to install it?  It is not in the repos nor the AUR.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2015-10-29 14:56:03

DarkCerberus
Banned

Trilby wrote:

How are you trying to install it?  It is not in the repos nor the AUR.

I think its this he/she is trying to install https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/gcc-gcj/

Our enemies are your enemies, Nick. Disorder, war. It's just a matter of time before a dirty bomb goes off in Moscow, or an EMP fries Chicago.  ---  Alexander Pierce, Captain America: Winter Soldier
Access Denied! De-cryption failed, override denied all files sealed! --- Triskelion, Shield OS
-----
How to ask questions the smart way

#4 2015-10-29 15:02:53

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Oops - that makes a lot more sense.  OP, please be more careful in your description of issues - you spelled the package name wrong both times in your description (though it seems correct in the title).

EDIT: I just downloaded the gcc-gcj sources with no issue.  Is this actually on Archlinux or are you still using CTKArch?  If it is archlinux, is your system properly up to date?  What is the output of `pacman -Qi curl`?

Last edited by Trilby (2015-10-29 15:07:15)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#5 2015-10-29 15:59:13

rvu95

I'm using archlinux now, this is the output from pacman -Qi curl

Name           : curl
Version        : 7.45.0-1
Description    : An URL retrieval utility and library
Architecture   : x86_64
URL            : http://curl.haxx.se
Licenses       : MIT
Groups         : None
Provides       : libcurl.so=4-64
Depends On     : ca-certificates  krb5  libidn  libssh2  openssl  zlib
Optional Deps  : None
Required By    : feh  flashplugin  git  lib32-curl  libreoffice-fresh  octave
                 pacman  php  raptor  virtualbox
Optional For   : audacious-plugins  gimp  libmicrohttpd
Conflicts With : None
Replaces       : None
Installed Size : 1295.00 KiB
Packager       : Dave Reisner <dreisner@archlinux.org>
Build Date     : Wed 07 Oct 2015 11:42:50 PM WIB
Install Date   : Thu 15 Oct 2015 01:30:42 PM WIB
Install Reason : Installed as a dependency for another package
Install Script : No
Validated By   : Signature

Trilby wrote:

Oops - that makes a lot more sense.  OP, please be more careful in your description of issues - you spelled the package name wrong both times in your description (though it seems correct in the title).

EDIT: I just downloaded the gcc-gcj sources with no issue.  Is this actually on Archlinux or are you still using CTKArch?  If it is archlinux, is your system properly up to date?  What is the output of `pacman -Qi curl`?

#6 2015-10-29 16:19:19

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

That all looks right.

Can you use curl to download the sources directly?  And/or can you ping the server(s)?

Does this happen on all three source files, or just one?  I see one of them is an ftp source - as this is fairly rare nowadays, this might be part of the problem (or at least why you have a problem with this package and not others).  To dig into this better, can you please post the full output of makepkg?

#7 2015-10-31 06:01:51

rvu95

Alright finally I could download the source, but when I'm trying to install the package using `makepkg -i` this errors appears:

gcj: internal compiler error: Killed (program jc1)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
Makefile:10102: recipe for target 'classpath/tools/libgcj_tools_la-tools.lo' failed
make[3]: *** [classpath/tools/libgcj_tools_la-tools.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-irvi/aur-gcc-gcj/src/gcc-5.2.0/build/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/libjava'
Makefile:10240: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-irvi/aur-gcc-gcj/src/gcc-5.2.0/build/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/libjava'
Makefile:18471: recipe for target 'all-target-libjava' failed
make[1]: *** [all-target-libjava] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-irvi/aur-gcc-gcj/src/gcc-5.2.0/build'
Makefile:904: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...

Trilby wrote:

That all looks right.

Can you use curl to download the sources directly?  And/or can you ping the server(s)?

Does this happen on all three source files, or just one?  I see one of them is an ftp source - as this is fairly rare nowadays, this might be part of the problem (or at least why you have a problem with this package and not others).  To dig into this better, can you please post the full output of makepkg?

#8 2015-10-31 11:42:31

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

How did you get the sources downloaded?  Have you installed the dependencies?  For the latter, use makepkg -si instead of makepkg -i.  And do the whole process with makepkg, not with yaourt.

Board footer