You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-31 23:35:15

NuSkool

[SOLVED] Archiso Syslinux Menu Additions

I've been experimenting with releng profile of Archiso. I'd like to add a syslinux menu addition with optional kernel parameters, but cannot figure out how. I do understand there are other ways to do this.

The archiso wiki says, "The default file should work fine, so you should not need to touch it". It then gives some clues on how to customize it. I'm having trouble figuring this out from the info provided. The files within archiso releng/syslinux/ are not standard syslinux.

I've tried to add a menu entry by adding the following to archiso_sys64.cfg. The results were elimination of the first (original) menu label.

MENU LABEL Boot Arch Selectable Console Resolution (x86_64)
LINUX boot/x86_64/vmlinuz
INITRD boot/intel_ucode.img,boot/x86_64/archiso.img
APPEND archisobasedir=%INSTALL_DIR% archisolabel=%ARCHISO_LABEL% vga=ask

I tried to create an additional file in releng/syslinux/ called archiso_sys64cm.cfg. Then I added the line "INCLUDE boot/syslinux/archiso_sys64cm.cfg" to the existing file "archiso_sys_both_inc.cfg"

This resulted in no additions to the menu entry.

I took a brief look into build.sh, downloaded syslinux-install_update and took a look, but nothing jumps out at this point.

Is there a simple solution to this I'm just missing?

Last edited by NuSkool (2015-11-01 00:50:00)

#2 2015-11-01 00:13:20

ooo

Re: [SOLVED] Archiso Syslinux Menu Additions

NuSkool wrote:

I've tried to add a menu entry by adding the following to archiso_sys64.cfg. The results were elimination of the first (original) menu label.

I think you're simply missing an additional LABEL there, and your modifications were applied to the arch64 LABEL of archiso_sys64.cfg.

Try something like:

LABEL resolutionselect
    MENU LABEL Boot Arch Selectable Console Resolution (x86_64)
    LINUX boot/x86_64/vmlinuz
    INITRD boot/intel_ucode.img,boot/x86_64/archiso.img
    APPEND archisobasedir=%INSTALL_DIR% archisolabel=%ARCHISO_LABEL% vga=ask

#3 2015-11-01 00:48:58

NuSkool

Re: [SOLVED] Archiso Syslinux Menu Additions

Thanks ooo,

That was the simple solution I missed. Adding a LABEL did exactly what I wanted.

Board footer