You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-28 17:09:05

MakeTheGOD

"Disable touchpad while typing" missing? (xfce4)

It was there on my last install, now it's gone. Dunno what i'm missing and when I'm trying to run the "syndaemon -d -k -i 0.4s" command I get No synaptics properties on device 'SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad'.

Running it with sudo gives no feedback, but also no results.. I'm clueless, please help!

#2 2015-11-06 10:43:38

Anderson
Website

Re: "Disable touchpad while typing" missing? (xfce4)

Bump. Exactly the same issue here.

I just cannot keep the annoying stupid damned useless touchpad to keep turned ON when I type.
How can people even do something if touchpad is getting disabled all the time?

Any help is really welcome

Last edited by Anderson (2015-11-06 10:50:19)

#3 2015-11-06 10:49:45

LCvanDinteren

#4 2015-11-06 10:54:20

LCvanDinteren

And what I read from your constant edits is that your touchpad IS getting disabled but you want it to stay ON?
So it is not the exact same issue after all, for the OP wanted his touchpad to go OFF whenever he was typing.

#5 2015-11-06 11:05:18

Anderson
Website

LCvanDinteren wrote:

And what I read from your constant edits is that your touchpad IS getting disabled but you want it to stay ON?
So it is not the exact same issue after all, for the OP wanted his touchpad to go OFF whenever he was typing.

The common problem is that neither of us can configure it. But I just figured out how to fix it.

In case someone still has this issue - just use the original config provided by xf86-input-synaptics

cp /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-synaptics.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d

P. S. Sorry for being a necro - time passes so fast.

#6 2015-11-06 11:08:43

LCvanDinteren

Now a new problem arises: you solved the problem but can't mark the thread solved as it is not your thread...

No one will ever know that this thread is solved, this may actually be the end of the world as we know it.

#7 2015-11-06 12:41:14

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Is 6 months a necrobump?  Dunno.  Starting with just the word "bump" did get my attention too - but that would be just for the empty post / power posting rule, not necrobumping.  But Anderson did have new information.  @Anderson, note that your solution is already clearly documented in the wiki:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/To … figuration
Please check the wiki first when you run into issues.

@LCvanDinteren, I appreciate you trying to keep the forum in order, but you might want to cool off a bit.  You have a full 50% of the posts in this thread up to your last post, and they are all pointlessly griping about another user.  If you are so keen on the rules, don't forget this one:
respect other users

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#8 2015-11-06 13:36:20

LCvanDinteren

Trilby wrote:

@LCvanDinteren, I appreciate you trying to keep the forum in order, but you might want to cool off a bit.  You have a full 50% of the posts in this thread up to your last post, and they are all pointlessly griping about another user.  If you are so keen on the rules, don't forget this one:
respect other users

You're right, I'm sorry.
I was trying to make it come off as a small joke, but reading back I see I may have failed to do so.

#9 2015-11-06 17:48:10

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

No worries.  I'm frequently the culprit (or would it be victim) of attempted humor not coming off quite right in forum text.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer