You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-15 02:56:37

xzased

Waking up from suspend not working with usb mouse

Hi all, I have an updated system running a realtime kernel (4.1.12-rt13-1-rt) on a Thinkpad T540p and I cannot wake from suspend using a usb mouse. Here is the output from lsusb:

Bus 002 Device 003: ID 046d:c077 Logitech, Inc. M105 Optical Mouse                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
Bus 002 Device 008: ID 0bda:8761 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.  

And here is the output of /proc/acpi/wakeup

Device  S-state   Status   Sysfs node                                                                                                                                                        
LID       S4    *enabled   platform:PNP0C0D:00                                                                                                                                               
IGBE      S4    *enabled   pci:0000:00:19.0                                                                                                                                                  
EXP2      S4    *disabled  pci:0000:00:1c.1                                                                                                                                                  
EXP3      S4    *disabled  pci:0000:00:1c.2                                                                                                                                                  
XHCI      S3    *enabled   pci:0000:00:14.0                                                                                                                                                  
EHC1      S3    *enabled   pci:0000:00:1d.0                                                                                                                                                  
EHC2      S3    *enabled   pci:0000:00:1a.0                                                                                                                                                  
HDEF      S4    *disabled  pci:0000:00:1b.0   

I assume that my usb hub would fall under the XHCI device. I have added the file /etc/udev/rules.d/50-wake-on-device.rules  which contains the following:

ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb",  ATTRS{idVendor}=="046d", ATTRS{idProduct}=="c077", ATTR{power/wakeup}="enabled", ATTR{driver/usb2/power/wakeup}="enabled"

But the laptop will not wake up. Any pointers are appreciated.

#2 2015-11-15 13:39:55

respiranto
Website

Re: Waking up from suspend not working with usb mouse

I don't really know what the issue could be, but you can temporarily toggle the status of a "Device", i.e. LID, IGBE, ...,by echoing its name to /proc/acpi/wakeup, e.g.:

echo XHCI > /proc/acpi/wakeup

For example you could try to enable all the "Devices".
If that does not help, there is nothing but 2^8-2=254 possibilities left to check.

#3 2015-11-15 17:47:14

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Waking up from suspend not working with usb mouse

Check your journal and the output of dmesg.   is the mouse performing a USB disconnect at power down and re-enumerating when the system wakes up?  (It shouldn't)

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer