You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-18 18:46:53

justasam

[SOLVED] Cinnamon crashes

I've installed Cinnamon desktop enviroment on Arch Linux, and it seems to be working fine, I can browse, etc, but randomly, after 10+ minutes cinnamon crashes. Any ideas how to solve this? What information do I need to provide?
EDIT: By the way, I'm running windows 10 and Arch on the same computer, when I start up Arch I get this message: kvm disabled by bios. Can this be the problem?

Last edited by justasam (2015-11-19 17:54:26)

#2 2015-11-18 20:16:15

loqs

Re: [SOLVED] Cinnamon crashes

justasam wrote:

I've installed Cinnamon desktop enviroment on Arch Linux, and it seems to be working fine, I can browse, etc, but randomly, after 10+ minutes cinnamon freezes. Any ideas how to solve this? What information do I need to provide?

Could you be more specific on what is frozen.  Is everything on the desktop including the cursor frozen?  Can you switch to another terminal with ctrl+alt+F2?
For logs ~/.cinnamon.glass.log and the journal for the boot when it freezes.
Also have you successfully run any other desktop environment on this install before cinnamon?

#3 2015-11-19 10:16:53

justasam

loqs wrote:
justasam wrote:

I've installed Cinnamon desktop enviroment on Arch Linux, and it seems to be working fine, I can browse, etc, but randomly, after 10+ minutes cinnamon freezes. Any ideas how to solve this? What information do I need to provide?

Could you be more specific on what is frozen.  Is everything on the desktop including the cursor frozen?  Can you switch to another terminal with ctrl+alt+F2?
For logs ~/.cinnamon.glass.log and the journal for the boot when it freezes.
Also have you successfully run any other desktop environment on this install before cinnamon?

Sorry, I meant crashed. Edited the post.

#4 2015-11-19 15:10:39

ckegman

KVM is disabled means that virtual machine is not enabled in bios. you need to post logs. Plus pc specs IE: uefi or bios, video card, cpu ... and so on.

#5 2015-11-19 17:53:43

justasam

I enabled VMM in bios and reinstalled ARCH. Now everything seems to be working fine. I must have made some mistake whilst installing smile

Board footer