You are not logged in.

#1 2006-04-18 10:37:20

riwa

Gaim suddenly not starting? [SOLVED]

I used to be using sim but I (luckily) switched back to gaim just a moment ago. However, I started it, logged in and used the chat but forgot I can't close the buddy list window and it shutted down. Hey, no biggie! I run the command again but no respond. Ok, I've had my machine up for 48 hours maybie it's time for a reboot. I rebbot but no, gaim is still not working. I made no changes what so ever after fetching gaim. This really makes no sense to me. What can cause this?

/Richard

If you must have must. Have must.
- DKE supporters about this wonderful swedish soda.

#2 2006-04-18 10:44:42

pressh
Developer/TU

Re: Gaim suddenly not starting? [SOLVED]

Saying 'something does not work' will probably not give you much respond. The way you asked the question, nobody will be able to know what the real problem is. You should at least give the cli output and log files when available.

Oh, and you can close the buddy list when you use the systray plugin.

#3 2006-04-18 10:53:43

riwa

Well if I knew anything at all I'd post it. It's just that nothing happens when I launch the program. I also don't know what cli is nor where to find my log files for command output (or whatever log I should read).

[EDIT]
BTW. The systray-plugin, is that for X (Xfce4) or for the actual program (gaim)?

I just noticed. I didn't try to launch it from the terminal :oops: , only the mini-command-line and the desktop menu. I was missing libXss, so I just installed it and it's working fine. However, I don't understand how it can work when I first launch it and then just suddenly stop working. Why did the file get removed?

Thanks for the help anyways.

/Richard
[/EDIT]

If you must have must. Have must.
- DKE supporters about this wonderful swedish soda.

#4 2006-04-18 11:06:43

pressh
Developer/TU

The systray-plugin is for gaim. It puts a gaim icon in your system tray.

With cli I meant the output from the command line. So fire up a terminal, and type

gaim

and post the output here.

Board footer