You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-10 00:00:38

ninjaBunny

Inbound connections to Teamviewer 11 have no kb or mouse control

TL;DR   --   Inbound connections to Teamviewer 11 running on Arch have no control of keyboard or mouse.  Outbound connections okay.  Please help.

Confession first: I'm an Arch noob.  Only installed it a couple of days ago; but now happily using it with Gnome 3.18 desktop. 

I installed Teamviewer 11 from the AUR (successfully?) yesterday using pacman and makepkg.  Manually resolving the dependency: lib32-libpng12 (from the AUR) along the way.

See.. https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/teamviewer/

Teamviewer starts and runs without any bother - I can use an *outbound* Teamviewer session from Arch to another machine and control it just fine.  The problem is that when one of those other machines makes a connection inbound to Arch there is no keyboard or mouse control (note: the Gnome desktop does display correctly).

I've already had a really good rummange online for solutions for this little problem but found absolutely nothing that even gets me started.  But if I have missed something please let me know..  How do I even start to troubleshoot this gremlin?  I'm used to living in other Linuxes so you don't have to be _too_ gentle. 

Thanks.

“A state which dwarfs its men, in order that they may be more docile instruments in its hands - even for beneficial purposes - will find that with small men no great thing can really be accomplished.” ― JS Mill

#2 2015-12-10 08:27:34

severach

Re: Inbound connections to Teamviewer 11 have no kb or mouse control

This is typed from TeamViewer for Windows into TeamViewer for Linux on XFCE.

Have you tried "Switch sides with partner?"

#3 2015-12-10 13:31:55

ninjaBunny

Hi.  Thanks for replying. 

I have no idea if this issue is widespread or if it is something quite specific to my rig, I suppose it's difficult to tell when Teamviewer 11 is still so young.

severach wrote:

Have you tried "Switch sides with partner?"

Not certain what you are getting at here but I will give it a try when I get home from work. I can certainly Teamviewer to the Arch machine (at home) from Windows Teamviewer (at work) but the lack of keyboard and mouse control is present. 

Cheers.

“A state which dwarfs its men, in order that they may be more docile instruments in its hands - even for beneficial purposes - will find that with small men no great thing can really be accomplished.” ― JS Mill

#4 2015-12-20 05:45:07

aimnano

I have the same issue on Gentoo.  I tried switching sides with partner and the issue persists.  No keyboard/mouse control when remoting into TeamViewer 11 on Linux (.tar.gz package).  Please post back if anyone comes up with anything.  I am going to start a topic on the TeamViewer forums although I doubt anyone will help as this is "unsupported."

Edit:  http://teamviewerforums.com/index.php?topic=3276.0

Last edited by aimnano (2015-12-20 05:49:31)

#5 2016-04-22 15:32:13

signix

I had the same problem and an installation of lib32-libxtst solved this.
Thanks to jungliztik wich posted the solution on aur.

Board footer