You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-13 04:20:04

surf.bluecrab

[SOLVED] Problem updating: (invalid or corrupted package (checksum))

Hello.  Arch linux has been my main desktop distribution for more than 2 years.  I have moved my installation from one machine to another a few times and my setup has evolved over time.  I do a full upgrade with 'pacaur -Syyu  on a daily basis.  I rarely ask for help but I feel I have tried everything and I would really appreciate some community help:

It started yesterday when I did an update as usual.  First pacaur ask me to upgrade a bigger than usual amount of packages ( 1G download, 4,7G install ).

After the download I received a "File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ ( ***all of them** ) is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature))"

Being desperate I tried changing 'SigLevel' to "Never" in pacman.conf for debugging.

Updating again and I got:

"File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ ( ***all of them*** ) is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (checksum)"

I am quite comfy with UNIX/Linux but my understanding of PGP is limited and I would really appreciate some help.

Here is what I have tried:

-Searched Google
-Used pacman instead of pacaur
-Check my pacman.conf ( to my knowledge it seems ok )
-Looked at the main page of www.archlinux.org and fixed the news about "C++ ABI change", and I am already running Plasma
-Check that my date/time is right
-Manually cleaned ALL the content of "/var/cache/pacman/pkg/"
-Updated my keyrings with:
          "pacman-key --init
            pacman-key --populate archlinux
            pacman-key --refresh-keys"

-Updated/changed/isolated my mirrors
-Reinstalled package: archlinux-keyring ( Ive noticed it has been updated recently, could that be the problem? )
-Compared some of my configs with an Arch instance I run on Vultr that is running OK but found nothing
- ...a few other things I can't remembers

I just can't seem to figure out what the problem might be.

Also, I would have liked to manually check the checksums of the packages in "/var/cache/pacman/pkg/" ( 1G download, 4,7G install ) but didnt found how..

If anyone has any idea where to look next I would really appreciate.

Thank you

Last edited by surf.bluecrab (2015-12-22 06:01:42)

#2 2015-12-20 04:45:10

surf.bluecrab

Re: [SOLVED] Problem updating: (invalid or corrupted package (checksum))

[SOLVED]

After more than 10 days of pain and suffering and numerous tests, I figured out the problem was due to a slightly faulty RAM stick.

#3 2015-12-20 05:02:26

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Please remember to mark your thread as [Solved] by editing your first post and prepending it to the title.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#4 2015-12-22 06:01:57

surf.bluecrab

Done

Board footer