You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-29 19:24:02

amusabji

[SOLVED] power outage half way thru install [SOLVED]

Hello,

my power went out half way thru the install. The last step completed was setting the timezone after changing root. I just checked the timezone and it's off, my hard drive is still partitioned but when I went to check /etc/fstab it no longer existed. Also looking at lsblk and df -h, I can see that my mount points are no longer there so my question is exactly how far back do I have to restart? I'm fairly new to linux so mods please forgive me if this is not the proper thread for this question (maybe it should be in the newbie corner) but any advice would be very helpful.

Thank you!
-Abbas M.

Last edited by amusabji (2016-01-04 20:29:25)

#2 2015-12-29 19:41:56

ewaller
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] power outage half way thru install [SOLVED]

I am assuming that you rebooted from the installation media.

You have to remount your partitions under /mnt.   So, your root partition goes under /mnt.  Your home partition, if it exists, goes at /mnt/home.  The boot partition goes to /mnt/boot.
Now that the partitions are mounted, see if there is a fstab at /mnt/etc/fstab.  If not, create it.  I suspect it is there.
Then chroot into the system starting here
Locale may be set already.  So might the timezone.  Check them.

Last edited by ewaller (2015-12-29 19:42:14)

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer