You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-12 22:48:13

alphaniner

No limit start jobs running, system ignoring input

Two no limit start jobs are blocking boot, and I can't figure out how to prevent them from running forever. The system won't acknowledge my existence at all. sad

The start jobs are related to LVM and device mapper, an issue with snapshots that I've had for years. But in the past specific LV jobs would also fail, and those have limits. The recent updates to lvm2 and device-mapper obviously changed things.

But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist.
-Lysander Spooner

#2 2015-02-13 14:42:47

alphaniner

Re: No limit start jobs running, system ignoring input

Well, C-A-Del worked. Durrr.

Still it seems like there should be a way to manually stob a job and drop to a rescue shell, but there sure doesn't seem to be. In the meantime, it looks like setting JobTimeoutSec in the .service file is the only option.

But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist.
-Lysander Spooner

#3 2016-01-06 18:34:00

gabesullice

I just had a similar problem. My solution was to hit Alt+F2, this opens up another TTY that you can use to log in. From there, I disabled the service with `sudo systemctl disable <nameofservice>.service` and then rebooted with `sudo reboot now`. This solved the problem for me.

#4 2016-01-06 18:45:54

alphaniner

Thanks, but I hope you didn't just register for the sake of that post. The system hadn't reached the point where I could activate a second TTY. And IIRC, the main source of my confusion was that I'd forgotten I'd swapped LCtrl and Caps in the console... <facepalm>

-Lysander Spooner

Board footer