You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-08 19:13:06

nashod

Arch installation media gives error as soon as it boots

OK, so due to technical issues my laptop (lenovo ideapad G510) needs to be wiped clean and I need to reinstall arch but the problem is that the optical cddrive works yet I get no option to boot from it, and when trying to boot from a flash drive I get the same error again and again here is an image
http://i.imgur.com/2Y49tTw.jpg
this is my daily driver and what I use for university, it's bad enough that I've got to wipe it, if I can't reinstall arch in the next 24 hours or so I will be in some major trouble

Last edited by nashod (2016-01-08 19:28:35)

#2 2016-01-08 19:15:35

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: Arch installation media gives error as soon as it boots

Then you may want to tell us what the error message is.  Preferably in text, but if it must be an image, so be it, but you'd at least have to post (a link to) that image.

EDIT: thanks for adding the image link.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2016-01-09 20:51:33

Slithery
Administrator

Can you boot from the existing OS on your hard drive?

If not and you get the same errors then it looks like it could be a hardware failure, possibly with the SATA bridge.

No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

#4 2016-01-10 01:06:07

nashod

I was able to boot from that OS, furthermore I managed to install Ubuntu which seemed to throw an error as well but it just ignored it and kept going, that is for the time being I can at least use that laptop, that said I would love to return to arch ASAP but when trying to load up arch I just keep getting that error, I will read about this SATA bridge ordeal and hopefully it won't end up being too much damage

Board footer