You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-18 03:21:51

darenw
Website

Version troubles when linking with VTK and OpenCV

I'm trying to build a computer vision project which uses cmake, and requires OpenCV 3, which in turn seems to need VTK.   I have OpenCV 3.0.0 and vtk already installed.  Everything compiles fine. When it links, I get:

[ 77%] Linking CXX executable /home/darenw/SW/src/introlab-find-object-6dc66d5/bin/find_object
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libvtkFiltersTexture-6.1.so.1, needed by /usr/local/lib/libopencv_viz.so.3.0.0, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libvtkIOExport-6.1.so.1, needed by /usr/local/lib/libopencv_viz.so.3.0.0, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
...a zillion more lines like these...

/usr/local/lib/libopencv_viz.so.3.0.0: undefined reference to `typeinfo for vtkWriter'
/usr/local/lib/libopencv_viz.so.3.0.0: undefined reference to `vtkPolyData::SetStrips(vtkCellArray*)'
/usr/local/lib/libopencv_viz.so.3.0.0: undefined reference to `vtkInteractorStyle::EndTimer()'
...another zillion lines like these...

So, cmake thinks libvtkFiltersTexture-6.1.so.1 and siblings are missing? Let's have a look at what libraries are available...

=> ls /usr/lib/libvtkFiltersTexture*
/usr/lib/libvtkFiltersTextureJava.so         /usr/lib/libvtkFiltersTexture.so.1
/usr/lib/libvtkFiltersTexturePython27D.so    /usr/lib/libvtkFiltersTextureTCL.so
/usr/lib/libvtkFiltersTexturePython27D.so.1  /usr/lib/libvtkFiltersTextureTCL.so.1
/usr/lib/libvtkFiltersTexture.so

=> ls /usr/local/lib/libvtkFiltersTexture*
ls: cannot access /usr/local/lib/libvtkFiltersTexture*: No such file or directory

Cmake is looking for libvtkFiltersTexture-6.1.so.1  but I have only   libvtkFiltersTexture.so.1   According to pacman I have
pacman -Qs vtk                                                                                                                         
local/vtk 6.3.0-5                                                                                                                                             
    A software system for 3D computer graphics, image processing, and visualization     

What do I need to do to get this computer vision project to link?  I suspect something isn't right with the cmake files for this project.

Artist/Physicist, Herder of Pixels, Photons and Electrons

#2 2016-01-18 06:16:52

x33a
Forum Fellow

Re: Version troubles when linking with VTK and OpenCV

@darenw, are you using these packages from the AUR or the main repositories? I am asking because you have opened this thread under the AUR Issues forum.

#3 2016-01-18 07:28:55

darenw
Website

Re: Version troubles when linking with VTK and OpenCV

opencv is from AUR.  Aha, I just checked... I have a libopencv*3.1.0 files (and symlinks for 3.1) in /usr/lib,  and libopencv*3.0.0 files (and symlinks to 3.0)in /usr/local/lib.  Maybe that is troublesome?    VTK is /usr/lib only, installed by pacman.  I did a major system upgrade less than a month ago.

Artist/Physicist, Herder of Pixels, Photons and Electrons

Board footer