You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-02 16:05:44

digby280

systemd-boot UEFI Secure Boot Display Resolution

Today I finally got around to getting Arch to boot without secure mode disabled.  I followed the steps on the Arch wiki and it now works fine.  The only issue is that I have a 4k display and when I boot with secure mode the font in the systemd-boot menu becomes tiny and barely readable.  This appears to be happening because I'm getting a "better" resolution when booting in secure mode.  If I disable secure boot both "PreLoader" and "Linux Boot Manager" menus are displayed with larger fonts presumably due to a lower screen resolution being used. The former is slightly smaller than the latter but still perfectly readable.  Everything is fine after this.  I've already got my terminal fonts configured appropriately and systemd picks up the vconsole config correctly.  My only problem is the boot menu.

Does anyone know why this happens?  I'd like to understand it better and know if there is any way to change the behaviour other than just disabling secure boot.  Is there any way to configure the screen resolution and/or font used by systemd-boot for the menu?

#2 2016-01-18 20:06:01

theailer

Re: systemd-boot UEFI Secure Boot Display Resolution

I would also like to know if it's possible to change the resolution of it since it covers a quarter of my 1080 display

Board footer