You are not logged in.

#1 2004-02-25 02:20:44

slyski

kernel 2.6 or 2.4, but not both....

First I like to thank all for the development of such a fine distro. I am now fully RedHat/Mandrake free. (Gees, Mandrake takes forever to boot up nowdays)  Thanks for all the post that helped me get up and running with the hardware installed on my machine including scanners, printers, dvd burners, etc, etc, etc.  My only opinion on the 2.4 coexisting with the 2.6 is WHY. To make both working if I chose to do so is to change my rc.conf file so to recognize the modules correctly. Now that I have 2.6 modules figured out and especially my usb scanner through usblib (that was a bit mind boogling  roll ) I probably have no reason to go back to 2.4.  I also believe the machine is booting even faster and workin  better with 2.6. After a couple of weeks 2.4 is outa here.
I am also cups free thanks to lrpng. That error stuff I was getting from web setup using cups really bugged my butt and found better control with lrpng. linuxprinting.org really helped alot on that issue.
My only question so far is where can I place the xnumlock while starting kde. I got it in the autostart file but found it leaves a applet running in the task bar for quite sometime. Just alittle irratating but bareable.
Again thanks for the best linux distro I found in my 5 years of runnin the best OS in the world.

slyski

Joey: If a cow passes away from natural causes can I eat it.
Pheobe: Not if I get there first.

#2 2004-02-25 02:35:42

wakeupbomb

Re: kernel 2.6 or 2.4, but not both....

does xnumlock just turn the numlock key on? Because KDE has an option do that now everytime you boot into it
If it does something else I apologise
Congrats for getting everything working by the way

#3 2004-02-25 02:49:03

slyski

Re: kernel 2.6 or 2.4, but not both....

:oops:   Ahhhhhh! I found it. Must of been added sometime ago since I looked at that last in the keyboard thingy.

Thanks a bunch.

slyski

Joey: If a cow passes away from natural causes can I eat it.
Pheobe: Not if I get there first.

Board footer