You are not logged in.

#26 2016-01-24 13:33:46

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: Very troublesome internet connection during install

Ok, that is the card I thought it was - but your ip link output has another interface you didn't mention before: it does have two other than the loopback, and you only have two actual network cards.  So one of those is your wireless interface.

They are both named as enp... which leads me to believe you are still using the -wl driver.  Please post the full output of `lspci -k` (or link to it).

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#27 2016-01-24 18:19:11

kevob33

Re: Very troublesome internet connection during install

Trilby wrote:

it does have two other than the loopback, and you only have two actual network cards.  So one of those is your wireless interface.

The two other ones are my ethernet card (enp2s0f2) and my Android tethering (enp0s20u2). All of these interfaces have remained with the same names since I first installed Arch. I have managed to connect to the ethernet a few times, although it is very unreliable due to my damaged port, and if I disconnect my Android device, enp0s20u2 disappears from the list. When I first posted this question here, I had always been seeing an interface of 'wlp...' and it always had the same name.

I will post the output of 'lspci -k' when I am back on the machine. Thank you for all of your help so far.

Board footer