You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-25 09:40:42

TheChickenMan

[SOLVED] Google Chrome Loses Support for 32bit Linux

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2016/01/goog … scontinued

I noticed that Chrome on my laptop said that it will soon stop receiving updates. After doing a bit of research it looks like Google has decided to end support for the 32bit version of Chrome on Linux starting this month. Apparently Chromium will be unaffected by this but I use the Google version so that I can sync my bookmarks and extensions between my different computers. My 32bit laptop needs to last me one more year. How bad would it be to simply live with non-updated Chrome for the next year on that computer? Is there another option able to sync my bookmarks which I hadn't thought of?

Last edited by TheChickenMan (2016-05-22 01:32:13)

If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet.
Niels Bohr

#2 2016-01-25 09:54:34

foutrelis
Developer
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Google Chrome Loses Support for 32bit Linux

TheChickenMan wrote:

Is there another option able to sync my bookmarks which I hadn't thought of?

Chromium? Not sure why you seem to believe it doesn't do Sync.

#3 2016-01-25 09:59:27

bleach

I use chromium and have reinstalled it before and it updates my settings and bookmarks automatically once I login on the settings page or icon on the right.

#4 2016-01-25 10:40:48

TheChickenMan

bleach wrote:

I use chromium and have reinstalled it before and it updates my settings and bookmarks automatically once I login on the settings page or icon on the right.

Wow OK. I remember reading at some point that it was one of the things which chromium could not do. I guess I never tried to sign into an install of chromium recently. This definitely makes things easier. Of course it makes me feel a bit silly for just believing something I read some time ago without actually trying it first. Thanks.

If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet.
Niels Bohr

Board footer