You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-27 03:56:13

shield_of_hope

[SOLVED]ethereum-git: ethminer can't find any OpenCL devices

After fighting for days with ethereum-git, boost and boost-libraries I finally succeeded to compile the whole software using boost-1.59-05. After that, I faced a new problem. Now it seems that the software can't find any OpenCL devices. When I run

ethminer --list-devices

it returns an empty list. I have a single Radeon R9 290 installed.

Is it really so that ethminer doesn't support proprietary Catalyst drivers that I am using? I need them for certain applications and installed them from a repository: http://catalyst.wirephire.com/repo/catalyst/$arch. I have also installed both opencl-headers (Catalyst version) and opencl-mesa packages.

Last edited by shield_of_hope (2016-02-07 17:32:42)

#2 2016-01-27 13:13:52

Lone_Wolf

Re: [SOLVED]ethereum-git: ethminer can't find any OpenCL devices

Is opencl-catalyst installed ?

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2016-01-27 23:49:03

shield_of_hope

Lone_Wolf wrote:

Is opencl-catalyst installed ?

It is not installed because it conflicts with ocd-icd. On the other hand, I can't remove ocl-icd because ethereum-git has it as a dependency. I didn't want to try installing it using --force parameter for now.

#4 2016-01-28 09:06:52

Lone_Wolf

That sounds like an issue i had to deal with in mesa-git to make it possible to combine aur mesa-git and proprietary OpenCL.

replace ocl-icd in the ethereum-git PKGBUILD with libcl and rebuild ethereum-git .
That should solve the conflict.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#5 2016-02-07 17:32:23

shield_of_hope

Lone_Wolf wrote:

replace ocl-icd in the ethereum-git PKGBUILD with libcl and rebuild ethereum-git .
That should solve the conflict.

That worked, I've been actually mining over a week now. That didn't completely remove the dependency, pacman didn't allow me to separately remove ocd-icd but it allowed to remove it while installing opencl-catalyst. I wish that ethereum-git would soon get support for Boost 1.60 because in turn, qBittorrent doesn't support versions older than that.

Board footer