You are not logged in.

#1 2006-04-30 16:23:11

jakob

[Solved] Messed up Nokia6280s usr-permissions by mounting

//edit: Problem "solved": Yesterday evening, after I made this post, I met my girlfriend and she told me that it works again, so the problem ended in smoke, no idea how and why...

Hm, title est omen: A few days ago, I mounted the Nokia 6280 cellphone of my girlfriend as "standard usb-stogare disk" (chose that in the Nokia menu that comes up when the phone detects a usb connection) without any problems.

But since I did that, it's not possible to play the videos we made beforehand on the phone. It's also not possible to make new videos or voice recordings. However one can take new pictures or rename any file on the smart-media-card.

I'm not too good in this mobile stuff and don't know if this phone is running symbian os or someth else, it's not a Windows OS, that's all I can say (at least it doesn't look like it was). So I don't know if this OS knows user permissions, as well as I can't remember if I did execute something like "chown -R * jakob:users" on the mounted dir to gain read-access or not.

My simple question is: Is it generally possible that I fscked something up by mounting the phone on my Arch box?.

After we plugged the phone to my Arch Box we also went to another (Windows) PC to try out the Nokia-Phone-Software, where we copied one or two mp3's on the phone. But since that was with the original software it should not be the source of our problem, I hope.

Maybe anyone here got this handy cellphone, too and knows what I am talking about (storage seems not to be the problem: 27 MB unused on the mini-SD-card) and may help us smile

Thanks,

.hellwoofa

//edit: Problem "solved": Yesterday evening, after I made this post, I met my girlfriend and she told me that it works again, so the problem ended in smoke, no idea how and why...

Board footer