You are not logged in.

#51 2014-05-08 20:43:01

Lokaltog
Website

Re: candybar - new WebKit-based status bar for tiling window managers

This is expected behavior. The volume widget reports that the volume control is invalid (you should change it to "Speaker" in config.json if that's the name of your main volume control), and the battery widget just reports that the battery is unavailable. If you're not on a laptop it's safe to remove the battery widget from config.json.

The error messages you receive really don't matter in this case (the widgets will silently be disabled and won't consume any resources), maybe they should be converted to debug messages instead of warnings so you won't receive these messages unless you've specifically compiled a debug build. What do you suggest?

#52 2014-05-08 21:01:12

BluMongoose

Removed the battery widget and all is well there. The part I am unsure of is how to change the volume control to speaker. I don't feel that the error messages are bad the way they are. It was nice for me to just be able to launch candybar from a terminal and get the log there and troubleshoot easily. Really, they would have been transparent to me had I not run it from the terminal so my vote is to leave it.

"Think for yourself and question authority." -T. Leary

#53 2014-05-08 21:12:53

Lokaltog
Website

Allright, I'll leave it for now. Thanks for the feedback!

If you check 'man 5 candybar' you can see all available widgets and config options, in your case it should be enough updating your config.json with something like this:

{
	"module": "volume",
	"config": {
		"selem": "Speaker"
	}
}

Last edited by Lokaltog (2014-05-08 21:13:06)

#54 2014-05-08 21:24:33

BluMongoose

Wow, I guess I checked the man page and not the suggested man 5. I really need to learn to read better. Thank you very much for the time and this awesome project. If you need help testing or anything in the future, don't be afraid to ask.

"Think for yourself and question authority." -T. Leary

#55 2014-11-06 06:04:34

vohof

Looks really nice! How's the memory usage and cpu?

#56 2015-03-13 19:05:21

cedeel
Website

Really nice bar, but with transparency enabled, it crashes pretty often on startup. If it doesn't it's stable and works well.

My only other complaint is that with bspwm it doesn't update the desktop status (if there is a window on a desktop) until you switch desktops.

#57 2016-02-22 06:56:51

Quardah

Hello,

i followed the steps here : https://github.com/Lokaltog/candybar/bl … L.asciidoc

now when i start candybar i only have a white bar at the top of the screen.

what am i doing wrong i can't find much info sad

ThinkPad P16s AMD / KDE

Board footer