You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-23 15:05:32

OJaksch

[SOLVED] Trouble with package I made / pacman?

I'm the submitter of libretro-mame which worked fine for some months. After the last upgrade of pacman to 5.0.0-1 I did a small update to it's pkgbuild, tested it with makepkg (which worked ok as usual) and pushed it to aur. But after that a user complained that building from aur isn't possible due to errors when compiling. He was right as I couldn't build it from aur at my site too and was wondering why, as I tested it locally with makepkg before pushing. I redid a local makepkg which build flawlessy again. But building from aur still isn't possible.
So where's the difference between makepkg and building from aur? And why isn't it building anymore?

Thanks in advance, pals!

Last edited by OJaksch (2016-02-23 17:49:46)

#2 2016-02-23 15:10:57

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Trouble with package I made / pacman?

OJaksch wrote:

So where's the difference between makepkg and building from aur?

What?  Nothing.  I suspect there's something else hiding in this question: what do you mean by "building from aur"?  That should just mean downloading the tarball, extracting, and running makepkg.  If this works, your package works.

I see comments referring to yaourt on the aur page.  Is this an issue with certain aur helpers, or does building the aur package actually fail?

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2016-02-23 15:28:35

OJaksch

Thats what I thought - that theres no difference between makepkg and building from aur. And that's why I was wondering. But anyway, I think you pointed me to the correct tree in the wood and maybe it's a problem with yaourt (after pacman's upgrade). I'll try another way report.

#4 2016-02-23 16:09:11

OJaksch

Solved. It IS yaourt which is the culprit in this case. I used bauerbill for accessing aur/libretro-mame now and this worked well.
Thanks for pointing me to the correct direction.

#5 2016-02-23 17:48:49

eschwartz
Fellow

In the package comments there is an actual error message provided.

Weird filepaths are spewed by make. wink I am guessing similar to this: https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/a … 31314.html

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

#6 2016-02-23 18:07:37

OJaksch

...interresting, but doesn't seem to fit here. My /tmp has a size of 8GB and even if I point BUILDDIR to a SSD with >80GB of free space the same error remains.
And as building with bauerbill works ok with /tmp I'm sure something (other) went wrong with yaourt the last weeks. I edited my package's comment to point to that hint.
Anyhow, thanks for your comment.

#7 2016-02-23 19:13:42

eschwartz
Fellow

My post had nothing whatsoever to do with the size of $TMP or $BUILDDIR and everything to do with the difference between exporting and not exporting a variable...

Read my response, not the email I responded to.

Last edited by eschwartz (2016-02-23 19:14:54)

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

Board footer