You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-24 05:16:49

kiwiarch

Submiting a new AUR package for openshot

Hi Guys I am new to submitting packages to the AUR but dont want to step on any toes.

I know there is already a package called openshot-bzr which is based on bzr branch lp:openshot/2.0. However since openshot-qt is now in beta form with version numbering I though it would be better to base it on the launchpad source instead.

My package would be called openshot-qt. Any pointers or suggestions would be great.

Here is my PKGBUILD it is based on the openshot-bzr PKGBUILD

# Maintainer: Bevan Thomas <bevantATgmail.com>

pkgname=openshot-qt
pkgver=2.0.6
pkgrel=1
epoch=1
pkgdesc="an open-source, non-linear, next gen video editor, based on libopenshot."
arch=('any')
url="http://www.openshotvideo.com/"
license=('GPL')
conflicts=('openshot' 'openshot-bzr')
depends=('python' 'python-pyqt5' 'desktop-file-utils' 'shared-mime-info' 'libopenshot' 'qt5-webkit')
source=(https://launchpad.net/openshot/2.0/$pkgver/+download/$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.gz)
md5sums=('SKIP')

package() {
  cd $srcdir/$pkgname-$pkgver
  python setup.py install --root=$pkgdir/ --optimize=1
}

#2 2016-02-24 05:34:50

Scimmia
Fellow

Re: Submiting a new AUR package for openshot

I see a few things.

The epoch shouldn't be there on a new package.
Don't skip the checksum.
Quote any paths that include variables that you don't control, like $srcdir and $pkgdir.
You don't seem to have an install scriptlet, but still have desktop-file-utils and shared-mime-info listed in the deps.

#3 2016-02-24 10:01:58

kiwiarch

OK so i have quoted srcdir and $pkgdir, but I have left desktop-file-utils and shared-mime-info because they were also listed in the opensource-bzr aur package so I have kept them. Also the setup.py script creates menu entries so I guess they are needed for those.

I did notice I needed to add python-httplib2 to the dependencies. I have submitted the package to the aur so feel free to test.

#4 2016-02-24 11:17:40

progandy

kiwiarch wrote:

OK so i have quoted srcdir and $pkgdir, but I have left desktop-file-utils and shared-mime-info because they were also listed in the opensource-bzr aur package so I have kept them.

Then you should have also kept the openshot.install file that uses them in post_install()

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#5 2016-02-24 23:55:42

kiwiarch

Ok I see, I will do that then once I have completed a package for the new libopenshot package. This seems to be missing from aur and may be the cause for openshot -qt to use up to 25% of the cpu. At the moment it doesn't appear any one is creating a package for libopenshot 1.0

Board footer