You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-09 16:28:34

t0ken

Reverting a dual-boot Macbook to only OS X

So I followed the wiki on dual-booting Arch on an Macbook Pro.  I followed the BIOS-compatability  instructions (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ma … tibility_2) to do so.  As such, when my Macbook boots, it's presented with GRUB.  I need to hold down the 'alt' key while booting to bring up OS X's bootloader.

I'd like to remove Arch from this Macbook and return to OS X's bootloader (and OS X by default).  I could've sworn there were instructions for doing this in the related pages in the wiki, however I'm having trouble finding them.  Can anyone point me in the right direction or just give me the proper steps to remove GRUB and return to OS X's bootloader by default?

#2 2016-03-09 16:34:08

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Reverting a dual-boot Macbook to only OS X

I cannot really help here, but, are you wiping the mac entirely?  If so, I believe you can do this

It will download and install the OS from Apple's servers

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2016-03-10 03:31:54

t0ken

Re: Reverting a dual-boot Macbook to only OS X

Interesting, thanks ewaller.  I did not plan on wiping the mac, but this will come in handy if I end up goingi that route.  In fact, doing so will correct a few things for me as well, so unless I come up with a solution within a few days I'll probably do it, lol.  Thanks agian.

Board footer