You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-13 05:52:42

nbqr

Cmus doesn't play last track of FLAC+CUE albums

I have several albums saved as a single FLAC file with a corresponding CUE sheet. When I try to play them in Cmus the last song usually won't play, and its length is displayed as 00:00. This only occurs on some albums, while others are unaffected, and I see no significant differences in the CUE sheets. Splitting the album into separate .flac files solves the issue, but I would prefer not to do that. Any ideas what might be causing this?

#2 2016-03-13 09:19:09

Rasi
Website

Re: Cmus doesn't play last track of FLAC+CUE albums

i know this is not a solution, but you should be aware of this:
Even the author of libcue strongly recommends not to use cuesheets at all, since the format is proprietary and there isn't a standard for it at all.
From a technical standpoint they are to be avoided.

Apart from that they don't even give any benefits, there is not a single advantage by single-album files except for the psychological illusion of a "proper 1:1 copy".

Regarding your issue: There has been some changes in cmus to use libcue2 lately and it's probably related: https://github.com/cmus/cmus/pull/384 (Even in this thread the libcue author warns against the cue format)

He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

Douglas Adams

#3 2016-03-13 22:11:12

nbqr

Re: Cmus doesn't play last track of FLAC+CUE albums

Thank you for the information. I was indeed under the impression that cue sheets were the "proper" way to store albums - I will abandon the approach, thus avoiding my problem altogether.

Board footer