You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-14 06:21:49

i_love_r34

[SOLVED] Black Screen after resume from hibernation

Hi everybody!

I have Archlinux installed and all is ok but when put the computer in hibernation sometimes when resume the system frezee and get the blackscreen, nothing run : ctrl+alt+f1 or alt+PrtScr+REISUB

I use

systemctl hibernate

for hibernate

I have KMS early activated with intel, Plymouth activated, nouveau in blacklist and have swap in a file.

The output of journalctl when I hibernate the system: http://pastebin.com/aGp4AMyv
But never says what happened after resume, and only say "reboot" and the new output of the kernel.

My mkinitcpio config: http://pastebin.com/p11EmVhk

My grub config: http://pastebin.com/aGhhCnTy

My computer is a Laptop (Dell Inspiron 7559) with optimus. But only use the Intel card.

Thanks
Sorry for my bad english big_smile

Last edited by i_love_r34 (2016-02-28 04:42:34)

#2 2016-02-14 13:12:07

Lukeee

Re: [SOLVED] Black Screen after resume from hibernation

Hi r34

Are you 100% sure it's crashing, and your screen isn't just not turning back on after hibernation? If you don't have to enter your password after hibernation, can you have some media ready to play or similar, so you can hit a key, and see if you hear sound or even have a terminal window open with "sudo reboot" already typed in, so on restore you just hit enter?

Regards,

Luke.

#3 2016-02-14 16:38:32

nstgc

Are you sure SysRq is enabled? It isn't by default (learned this the hard way...twice).

Also, TTY1 I believe is likely to be the getty you are already in at start. Try another one.

#4 2016-02-14 20:36:29

i_love_r34

nstgc wrote:

Are you sure SysRq is enabled? It isn't by default (learned this the hard way...twice).

Also, TTY1 I believe is likely to be the getty you are already in at start. Try another one.

Yes I have sysrq enabled in /etc/sysctl.d/99-sysctl.conf and i tried to login in tty, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and put commands but nothing happens.

Lukeee wrote:

Are you 100% sure it's crashing, and your screen isn't just not turning back on after hibernation? If you don't have to enter your password after hibernation, can you have some media ready to play or similar, so you can hit a key, and see if you hear sound or even have a terminal window open with "sudo reboot" already typed in, so on restore you just hit enter?

I tried to play a sound when i connect the usb but nothing and hit enter with the command shutdown -r now but nothing happens.

#5 2016-02-16 12:47:15

Lukeee

i_love_r34 wrote:
nstgc wrote:

Yes I have sysrq enabled in /etc/sysctl.d/99-sysctl.conf and i tried to login in tty, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and put commands but nothing happens.

Lukeee wrote:

I tried to play a sound when i connect the usb but nothing and hit enter with the command shutdown -r now but nothing happens.

Can you change your boot hooks to this order, then mkinit again.

"HOOKS="base udev plymouth autodetect modconf block resume filesystems keyboard fsck""

Now test hibernation again, and tell us what happens, also upload fresh logs.

cheers.

#6 2016-02-16 13:27:33

x33a
Forum Fellow

Moving to "Laptop Issues".

#7 2016-02-21 04:22:48

i_love_r34

Lukeee wrote:
i_love_r34 wrote:
nstgc wrote:

Lukeee wrote:

Can you change your boot hooks to this order, then mkinit again.

"HOOKS="base udev plymouth autodetect modconf block resume filesystems keyboard fsck""

Now test hibernation again, and tell us what happens, also upload fresh logs.

cheers.

Thanks, this fix my problem.

#8 2016-02-22 04:41:18

x33a
Forum Fellow

@i_love_r34, please mark the thread as solved.

#9 2016-03-13 12:19:25

abmantis

i_love_r34 wrote:

Thanks, this fix my problem.

Changing the order of the HOOKS fixed your issue? I'm have the same problem, and it didn't help.
Also, no logs. "journalctl --boot=-1" shows me the session where it hibernated, not the failed resume.

#10 2016-03-14 04:51:55

x33a
Forum Fellow

@abmantis,

please open a new thread for your issue. Link to this thread if necessary.

Board footer