You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-17 04:41:20

codencrazy

1/4 of the screen missing when using wine on some games

Some games, while using wine, won't load properly using pbuffer or fbo for offscreen rendering, the graphics are distorted, and the game is unplayable.
However, I can get the game to load just fine using backbuffer as the offscreen rendering mode, about 50% of the time. Sometimes, it loads fine, and plays fine, other times, I get a quarter of my screen, as a blackbox, but everything in that corner, technically works, and is clickable; its as if the back buffer was rendering on top of the screen.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

#2 2016-03-19 03:26:06

onslow77

Re: 1/4 of the screen missing when using wine on some games

Hello!

codencrazy - help the Arch Linux community by providening a clear description of your problem.

I suggest you follow the "How to post guide"

Examples from your post that are unclear:
"Some games, while using wine..." - What games are you reffering to? What version of wine are you using?
The 50 % of the time when the game do not work - What are the log outputs of the error?

Further more:
A google search with the term "wine using backbuffer as the offscreen rendering mode" turn up some interesting results that you can use to debug the problem.

Regards
Martin

Last edited by onslow77 (2016-03-19 03:27:09)

It is advised to follow the How to post guide when posting on the Arch forum. If one consciously jumps over these elementary steps like reading the wiki and providing necessary information about the problem, one can be regarded as a Help Vampire.

Board footer