You are not logged in.

#51 2011-09-14 21:37:20

fluffy

Re: Getting Android SDK Working on Arch Linux

doug piston wrote:

Per the Android site http://developer.android.com/guide/deve … evice.html (Step 4) I have always used "/etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules". Also another great wiki to use is the Cyanogenmod Wiki http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Udev <-- Examples of UDEV and setup guide

Look there and it will list the UDEV for the Nexus S.

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="4e21", MODE="0666", OWNER="<your user name>" #Normal nexus s
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="4e22", MODE="0666", OWNER="<your user name>" #Debug & Recovery nexus s
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="18d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="4e20", MODE="0666", OWNER="<your user name>" #Fastboot nexus s

Hope this helps. I personally took the simple route and installed the SDK from the AUR https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=13751

Thanks Doug I'll look there tonight after work.

#52 2011-09-29 20:16:38

sheyll

Hi @ll

I fiddled around with the android sdk and the eclipse plugin on a 64 bit arch linux system, and 'emulator' always crashed with a segfault. What helped was to
provide a localtime file in /usr/share/zoneinfo/localtime(e.g.: sudo cp /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Berlin /usr/share/zoneinfo/localtime).

#53 2011-09-30 16:33:36

sandstorm

#54 2011-10-08 05:01:03

Ruli

Hello all,

I'm trying to get the Android SDK (with Eclipse) up and running on my Arch 64-bit installation.

First, I followed the instructions at https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/An … stallation i.e. installing eclipse-emf, eclipse-gef, and obviously eclipse via pacman, and then eclipse-wtp-wst, eclipse-android, android-sdk, and android-sdk-platform-tools via AUR.

Then I encountered the problem mentioned at https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 23#p813823 where I couldn't create AVD. I assumed that the "platform" would be installed but apparently not.

So I decided to install the 3.2 platform via the android SDK and AVD manager. I had to do it as root (sudo android) because otherwise it wouldn't install.

However, to create the AVD I just ran android as my normal account, so the AVD was created under ~/.android/avd, instead of /root/android/avd.

Just wanted to ask everyone: have I done things properly? I noticed there are also AUR packages for the Android platforms as well. Is it preferred to use these instead? I notice on the android-sdk AUR comments the maintainer stated that "Ideally, you wouldn't need to use the android updater/installer to manage packages (there are AUR packages for android-sdk-platform-tools, android-ndk, etc.).". What would the benefits of this be?

Thanks in advance!

#55 2012-03-17 12:50:37

luksrn

tnull wrote:

I had the same problem as you, but after installing a few packages I managed to get the emulator to run, I do not know if more are needed for the other tools, though.

The packages are:

lib32-libstdc++5
lib32-libx11
lib32-ncurses
lib32-zlib
lib32-sdl
lib32-libxext

Hopefully that will work for you as well. smile

Thank you! Thats works for me!

#56 2016-03-24 01:58:48

CallMeDave

I have tried every method defined here and none of them work for me.
I edited the 51-Android.rules in /etc but still when i try to run a project in android studio with my Real device
it throws the error : Restart Adb and try again
looking further in the errors log , it said "Can't detect adb version /home/YourUsername/Android/Sdk"
but if i opened a terminal and i type "adb devices"
it list my devices correctly. I even tried to install an apk with it on my device and it worked.
so what i did what move to my Android directory
>>cd /home/User/Android/Sdk/platform-tools/
i tried to run adb
  >>sudo ./adb devices
it then said that it doesn't understand the binary format of the executable, looking further i see that the adb binary is compiled for ARM CPU, i don't know why
All that 64 bit incompatibility was not the real deal, actually the version of the adb is set to run under ARM processor and hence why my laptop can't use it, so does Android Studio
but if i do
>> /bin/adb devices
it list my devices
well, after a long thought , i wanted to try something that goes a little like this

HERE'S HOW TO FIX IT!!!

cd /home/Android/Sdk/platform-tools/
sudo cp /home/Android/Sdk/platform-tools/adb   /home/Desktop (move it other places, it is just for backup)
sudo rm adb
sudo cp /bin/adb  /home/Android/Sdk/platform-tools/

then i tried
sudo ./adb devices
and VOILA, it list my devices.
then i closed android studio
restart android Studio
went to my terminal again
>> sudo adb kill-server
>> sudo adb start-server
then go to android studio, and tried to run the project again
you will now able to see A window showing you the online devices or if you want to use a emulator.

SOrry, this is my first post here on archlinux.org
I thought i'd share my fix with you all, because i think arch linux is such a great OS.
i almost shift to Windows for my android development or Ubuntu LOL...

CallMeDave, an Haitian Dev!

Board footer