You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-24 17:07:25

djmally

Uninstalled package-query, but still blocked on Pacman upgrade

As per today's arch-announce email, I'm trying to upgrade Pacman to version 5.0. I previously had package-query installed as a dependency for yaourt, and have since uninstalled both pre-upgrade. However, when I run `pacman -Syyu`, I still get an error saying ":: package-query: requires pacman<4.3". `which package-query` returns no results, so I can't figure out how I still have this version conflict.

#2 2016-03-24 17:13:27

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Uninstalled package-query, but still blocked on Pacman upgrade

Is package-query being pulled in by something else you have installed?  This might be a case for the --debug switch for Pacman

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2016-03-24 17:20:05

djmally

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this? I'm not too familiar with what this switch does, or how to use it to find if package-query is being pulled in by something else.

#4 2016-03-24 17:21:35

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

ewaller wrote:

Is package-query being pulled in by something else you have installed?

This isn't possible unless a certain completely broken unsupported repo has been added to pacman.conf.

djmally, please remove any archlinux.fr repos from your pacman.conf, remove package-query with pacman, then update your system with pacman.  If there is an error, please show the full command you used and the full output.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#5 2016-03-24 17:24:10

djmally

Looks like that did the trick, thanks for the help Trilby!

#6 2016-03-24 17:40:15

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Your welcome.  Please mark the thread as solved.  And I'd encourage you to think carefully before adding that repo back (really this is the tactful way of saying you just shouldn't add it back).  Yaourt and archlinux.fr both get quite a bit of bad publicity around here, but yaourt may have it's place when used properly by users who understand what it is doing.  The only purpose of archlinux.fr, however, really seems to be to break things.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer