You are not logged in.

#1876 2016-02-23 06:46:41

redays

Re: infinality-bundle: good looking fonts made (even) easier

I am having some problems with ttf-hack regular, in Emacs and the St terminal the fonts are too spaced. It works OK with otf-hack from AUR.

See here: https://github.com/chrissimpkins/Hack/issues/38

#1877 2016-03-06 08:54:54

kokoko3k

Anybody knows where/how i can download the source PKGBUILDS for fontconfig-infinality-ultimate?
I'd need to downgrade them to 2.11.1 instead of the actual git for performance reasons.
(https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=209687)

thanks

Help me to improve ssh-rdp !
Retroarch User? Try my koko-aio shader !

#1878 2016-03-24 00:48:24

geo909

Hi,

I have issues with the fonts in spotify, and the wiki page says the following:

If you experience font rendering issues with Spotify, you might want to try the following font settings:

USE_STYLE="2"
export INFINALITY_FT_FRINGE_FILTER_STRENGTH="50"
export INFINALITY_FT_USE_VARIOUS_TWEAKS="true"
export INFINALITY_FT_CHROMEOS_STYLE_SHARPENING_STRENGTH="20"
export INFINALITY_FT_GAMMA_CORRECTION="30 80"
export INFINALITY_FT_STEM_ALIGNMENT_STRENGTH="25"
export INFINALITY_FT_STEM_FITTING_STRENGTH="25"

Sorry if I'm asking something obvious, but in which configuration file should I add those lines?

Thanks in advance

#1879 2016-03-24 13:25:06

kokoko3k

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Infinality

Infinality's settings are all configurable at runtime via environment variables in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/xft-settings.sh

or write them in .bashrc... whatever.

Help me to improve ssh-rdp !
Retroarch User? Try my koko-aio shader !

#1880 2016-03-24 13:38:05

geo909

kokoko3k wrote:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Infinality

Infinality's settings are all configurable at runtime via environment variables in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/xft-settings.sh

or write them in .bashrc... whatever.

Got it, thank you.

#1881 2016-03-24 15:44:29

rumpelsepp
Website

error: failed retrieving file 'infinality-bundle.db' from bohoomil.com : Could not resolve host: bohoomil.com
error: failed to update infinality-bundle (download library error)
error: failed retrieving file 'infinality-bundle-fonts.db' from bohoomil.com : Could not resolve host: bohoomil.com
error: failed to update infinality-bundle-fonts (download library error)

What's wrong?

Every time I see some piece of medical research saying that caffeine is good for you, I high-five myself. Because I'm going to live forever. -- Torvalds, Linus (2010-08-03).

#1882 2016-03-24 15:57:30

elkoraco

try -Syyuu

#1883 2016-03-24 16:24:03

rumpelsepp
Website

try -Syyuu

Seriously? I don't want to downgrade everything just because a repository is down. smile

$ ping bohoomil.com
ping: bohoomil.com: Name or service not known

Every time I see some piece of medical research saying that caffeine is good for you, I high-five myself. Because I'm going to live forever. -- Torvalds, Linus (2010-08-03).

#1884 2016-03-24 16:27:57

ewaller
Administrator

That site responds to my pings at present

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#1885 2016-03-24 16:32:05

keepitsimpleengineer

Yikes... .. !
Got this today ('16/3/24)

warning: database file for 'infinality-bundle' does not exist
warning: database file for 'infinality-bundle-multilib' does not exist
warning: database file for 'infinality-bundle-fonts' does not exist
 Foreign packages: \ 11 / 11
warning: database file for 'infinality-bundle' does not exist
warning: database file for 'infinality-bundle-multilib' does not exist
warning: database file for 'infinality-bundle-fonts' does not exist

pacman 5.0.1-2
yaourt 1.8.1-1

UPDATE:
① So I commented out the bohoomil.com/repo/ repositories in /etc/pacman.conf
② Re-updated using yaourt -Syyuua
③ Then I uncommented the bohoomil.com/repo/ repositories in /etc/pacman.conf
④ Again re-updated
⑤ No more error

...and I do not understand why roll

yet another UPDATE:
Now I understand... .. .

--2016-03-24 09:15:17--  http://bohoomil.com/repo/x86_64/infinality-bundle.db
Resolving bohoomil.com (bohoomil.com)... failed: Name or service not known.
wget: unable to resolve host address ‘bohoomil.com’
error: failed to update infinality-bundle (error invoking external downloader)
--2016-03-24 09:15:34--  http://bohoomil.com/repo/multilib/x86_64/infinality-bundle-multilib.db
Resolving bohoomil.com (bohoomil.com)... failed: Name or service not known.
wget: unable to resolve host address ‘bohoomil.com’
error: failed to update infinality-bundle-multilib (error invoking external downloader)

Last edited by keepitsimpleengineer (2016-03-24 16:56:34)

Al Einstein: "Man soll die Dinge so einfach machen wie möglich ~ aber nicht einfacher." (Things should be as simple as possible ~ but not too simple.) ~ Al (Einstein) war ein Cousin von Albert, "Al" ist die Abkürzung für Aloysius

#1886 2016-03-24 16:33:58

rumpelsepp
Website

That site responds to my pings at present

Thx. Seems to be sth. wrong with my local internet connection. My server is able to ping bohoomil.com, too.

Last edited by rumpelsepp (2016-03-24 16:34:09)

#1887 2016-03-24 21:17:05

Jristz

Bohoomill, any plan with the new hooks? maybe now that they run once you can move back the files to the "normal" place and just run the (font update) hook at the end of the transaction.

Well, I suppose that this is somekind of signature, no?

#1888 2016-04-16 06:07:38

betseg

What is that?

(18/18) checking for file conflicts                                                        [----------------------------------------------------] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
/etc/fonts/conf.avail/ exists in both 'ttf-{caladea,cantoraone,carlito,courier-prime,ddc-uchen,gelasio,liberation,lohit-punjabi,merriweather,merriweather-sans,opensans}-ib' and 'ttf-roboto{,-mono}-ibx'

(reduced lines lol)

/etc/fonts/conf.avail exists in both 'ttf-roboto-ibx' and 'ttf-roboto-mono-ibx'
/etc/fonts/conf.avail exists in both 'ttf-roboto-ibx' and 'ttf-{signika-family,symbola,ubuntu-font-family}-ib'
ttf-roboto-ibx: /etc/fonts/conf.avail exists in filesystem
/etc/fonts/conf.avail exists in both 'ttf-roboto-mono-ibx' and 'ttf-{signika-family,symbola,ubuntu-font-family}-ib'
ttf-roboto-mono-ibx: /etc/fonts/conf.avail exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

#1889 2016-04-17 03:45:08

rawlinsong

(94/94) checking for file conflicts                                              [##############################################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/45-noto-nonlatin.conf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /etc/fonts/conf.avail/90-tt-noto-nonlatin.conf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /etc/fonts/conf.d/45-noto-nonlatin.conf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /etc/fonts/conf.d/90-tt-noto-nonlatin.conf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansAvestan-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansBalinese-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansBamum-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansBatak-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansBrahmi-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansBuginese-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansBuhid-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansCanadianAboriginal-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansCarian-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansCherokee-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansCoptic-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansCuneiform-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansCypriot-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansDeseret-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansEgyptianHieroglyphs-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansGlagolitic-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansGothic-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansHanunoo-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansImperialAramaic-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansInscriptionalPahlavi-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansInscriptionalParthian-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansJavanese-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansKaithi-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansKayahLi-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansKharoshthi-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansLepcha-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansLimbu-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansLinearB-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansLisu-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansLycian-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansLydian-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansMandaic-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansMeeteiMayek-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansMongolian-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansNKo-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansNewTaiLue-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansOgham-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansOlChiki-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansOldItalic-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansOldPersian-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansOldSouthArabian-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansOldTurkic-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansOsmanya-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansPhagsPa-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansPhoenician-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansRejang-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansRunic-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansSamaritan-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansSaurashtra-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansShavian-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansSundanese-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansSylotiNagri-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansSymbols-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansSyriacEastern-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansSyriacEstrangela-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansSyriacWestern-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansTagalog-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansTagbanwa-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansTaiLe-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansTaiTham-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansTaiViet-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansTifinagh-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansUgaritic-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansVai-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/fonts/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/NotoSansYi-Regular.ttf exists in filesystem
ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib: /usr/share/licenses/ttf-noto-fonts-nonlatin-ib/LICENSE exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Having the same issue.

#1890 2016-04-17 05:55:46

loafer

What actually owns those conflicting files?

All men have stood for freedom...
For freedom is the man that will turn the world upside down.
Gerrard Winstanley.

#1891 2016-04-18 04:43:24

rawlinsong

loafer wrote:

The root user owns all of these files. Is that what you were meaning?

#1892 2016-04-18 05:00:43

loafer

rawlinsong wrote:
loafer wrote:

The root user owns all of these files. Is that what you were meaning?

I mean the error you have reported - https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/pa … 9.22_error.

Gerrard Winstanley.

#1893 2016-04-18 05:03:25

rawlinsong

$ pacman -Qo /etc/fonts/conf.avail/45-noto-nonlatin.conf 
error: No package owns /etc/fonts/conf.avail/45-noto-nonlatin.conf

That's what I'm getting for everything.

#1894 2016-05-01 18:00:10

ping21

The last fontconfig-infinality-ultimate update (2.11.95-3 => 2.11.95-4) from infinality-bundle repository broke font rendering in Firefox, Thunderbird, Chrome and many other applications.
They all look like this Firefox window: http://imgur.com/feldGc5
Every char is replaced by a framed "A".

I downgraded to 2.11.95-3 again, which solved the issue for the moment.
Anyone else experiencing issues? What can I do to solve this?

#1895 2016-05-01 21:23:13

Ropid

I don't experience this issue you are seeing. I updated the package a week ago on April 22, according to pacman's logs, and don't remember having to do anything.

Perhaps try to find out what changes happen in your /etc/fonts/conf.d/ with this package update. I don't know how to do that best. I'd probably make a copy before installing to then later try to compare somehow (the things in conf.d are links, so maybe copy the whole /etc/fonts structure, not just conf.d).

#1896 2016-05-02 09:01:22

loafer

Just got this whilst upgrading today:

:: Synchronising package databases...

:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
:: freetype2 and freetype2-infinality-ultimate are in conflict. Remove freetype2-infinality-ultimate? [y/N] n
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: freetype2 and freetype2-infinality-ultimate are in conflict

It's libbluray in [testing] which seems to be the cause of the conflict.  What's the best solution?

Gerrard Winstanley.

#1897 2016-05-02 14:01:44

Ropid

It seems the normal freetype2 package started providing a name "libfreetype.so" for some reason a few months ago, and this name is now mentioned in the dependencies for the new version of libbluray. The freetype2-infinality-ultimate package does not have that name in its "provides=(...)" line and that's where the error comes from. You could try this:

pacman -Syu --assume-installed libfreetype.so=6-64

You can also do this:

pacman -Sdd libbluray

After the package is installed, I think pacman does not check for dependencies anymore, so will not complain until this particular package comes up again in another update.

#1898 2016-05-02 15:11:54

loafer

Thanks Ropid.  I used

pacman -Syu --assume-installed libfreetype.so=6-64 

Gerrard Winstanley.

#1899 2016-05-13 19:50:28

Dobbie03

For some reason I am suddenly getting this error when upgrading:

error: infinality-bundle-fonts: signature from "bohoomil (dev key) <bohoomil@zoho.com>" is invalid
error: failed to update infinality-bundle-fonts (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))
error: database 'infinality-bundle-fonts' is not valid (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))

I deleted the .db and .sig files from /var/lib/pacman/sync and then I ran pacman -Syyu but still no luck.

I tried adding importing and signing the keys again but no luck again.

What do I do from here?

#1900 2016-07-15 09:25:34

xander

freetype 2.6.4 and 2.6.5 are out, will there be any updates? Also, it's interesting, are infinality patches even actual after new subpixel render mode presentation in upstream code.

Board footer