You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-13 23:17:01

jacko

[SOLVED]Arch linux hangs on boot -stability issues in general

It's been quite a few years since I have used Arch Linux, Coming back to setup a dual boot with windows 10.

I followed the installation guide and when I reboot the PC it starts the Linux Bootloader and Arch begins to startup, but it inevitably hangs when it tries to mount /boot, which is /dev/sdb2, which is the EFI partition formated with fat32 that was created by windows during the windows install.

I am not real sure where to go from here? I copied over the /etc/fstab to /mnt/etc/fstab during the installation process. I did not change any of the settings because they looked fine to me. How do I go about finding out why arch is hanging on boot? Finally made it this far with all the new UEFI stuff and got arch installed. Help!

Last edited by jacko (2016-03-28 03:13:52)

#2 2016-03-14 19:40:30

aliena

Re: [SOLVED]Arch linux hangs on boot -stability issues in general

jacko wrote:

I copied over the /etc/fstab to /mnt/etc/fstab during the installation process.

So you did not follow the standard install guide.

Mount the arch system over the live stick and try it with the official genfstab command. If that does not help please post your (newly generated) /etc/fstab, as well as the output of lsblk. What bootloader is running?

#3 2016-03-28 03:11:42

jacko

Re: [SOLVED]Arch linux hangs on boot -stability issues in general

Title is slightly misleading, this was far more random then I had first assumed. Simply put, enable IOMMU in uefi if you are having stability issues in Windows and Linux

Board footer