You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-29 07:35:14

Eschatokyrios

KVM/QEMU windows 10 virtualization - guest OS locks up

I'm trying to run a virtualized windows 10 OS with GPU passthrough (according to https://bufferoverflow.io/gpu-passthrough/). I've successfully followed that guide and gotten a windows system to boot - but, shortly after starting up the windows machine, the guest OS system becomes very unstable, every windows program goes not responding, and eventually the OS locks up entirely. It takes a varying amount of time after startup for this to happen - one time the windows startup itself locked up, another time I was able to run it for long enough to download and install the nivida drivers in windows. When I run qemu on the host arch system, I see that all my CPUs are being heavily utilized, which I think I would expect, but I can't see a pattern between the CPU utilization and when the virtualized windows VM locks up. I've googled around some and haven't found anyone talking about this kind of instability when running windows in a KVM/QEMU environment, so I'm hoping someone here has run into this problem, or at least has some suggestion about what I might try to do to debug this.

Board footer