You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-30 17:23:07

renchan

Game runs only from the post-install with Wine [Solved]

I'm trying to run a Japanese game 時計台のジャンヌ ~Jeanne à la tour d'horloge~(trial version) with Wine ( Japanese locale is uncommented  and generated with locale-gen). I'm issuing the following command LANG="ja_JP.UTF-8" wine path/to/executable/時計台のジャンヌ.exe, however I'm always getting a message box with the following error - "Compiler not found". After some searches, I found that it error means that game engine is unable to find script files. I also tried other games from this company(they are using the same engine), namely 腐り姫 ~euthanasia~, with the same result.
And here I thought that it just doesn't runs under wine and there is nothing I can do. But interesting thing happened - when I downloaded 時計台のジャンヌ(trial version) and installed it with wine, after the installation has ended I chose to auto start  the game once installation completes, and now it started absolutely fine! However, again, when I tried to start it from game executable, it failed. So, to sum it up - it runs fine from installer after installation is finished, but fails otherwise. Always reinstall the game doesn't seem to be a bright idea to me, so I don't know what to do.
I will gladly provide you with details about my system, if it is needed. I also could give a link to trial edition of the game, which I tried to run, though I'm not sure if on this forum I'm allowed to do it.

Last edited by renchan (2016-04-02 10:24:14)

#2 2016-03-31 13:11:02

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

Re: Game runs only from the post-install with Wine [Solved]

Sounds like the "installer" may actaully be a launcher that gives "installgame " or "play game" option depending on whether game has been installed.
(Jewel Knights Crusaders does have such a launcher.)

After installing the game, try starting the "installer" again and look for a "play"option.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2016-04-02 10:23:22

renchan

Re: Game runs only from the post-install with Wine [Solved]

時計台のジャンヌ installer doesn't seem to have such a launcher. However after updating wine to 1.9.6 both of the games started running smoothly. Make sure to install msacm32, or it will crash when trying to load game or on quit from config menu.
Edited:
I'm sorry for disinformation, the solution I've written before doesn't seem to be correct.  Now that I've removed .wine directory, and tried to rerun the game I still had the same problem. The solution was much simpler - I had to cd to the game folder and only after that run it -

cd /path/to/game/ && LANG="ja_JP.UTF-8" wine 時計台のジャンヌ.exe

And in order to fix the problem with crashing issue the following command -

winetricks dlls msacm32

I'm still experience issue before the character's voice is starting playing sound freezes for a split of a second. Nothing critical but a bit annoying.

Last edited by renchan (2016-04-03 07:50:20)

Board footer