You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-02 13:53:19

FolkloreAddict

Conflict between Bluetooth and DVB-S

I have problems with this hardware combination (both USB, connected through the same or different buses):

1131:1004 Integrated System Solution Corp. Bluetooth Device
9022:d660 TeVii Technology Ltd. DVB-S2 S660

As soon as the Bluetooth stick is "UP RUNNING" I get Continuity Errors in tvheadend (mainly in HD channels but also a few in SD channels).

I don't believe it's wireless interference because it works if the Bluetooth stick is connected to a different machine and it doesn't work either if it's 10m away from the DVB-S receiver.

It's working with the internal Bluetooth instead of the USB stick but the range is way worse and I can't connect more than one device. The internal transceiver is this one (also connected through USB internally):

413c:8160 Dell Computer Corp. Wireless 365 Bluetooth

It might be faulty hardware because the stick needs several tries to accept an "hciconfig hci0 up" and every now and then it loses connection and has to be replugged. But while it works, it can support 4 PS3 controllers with no issues.

A working solution with any of the two Bluetooth devices would be fine. I'm willing to debug into the drivers but since that's new territory for me, some (rough) pointers on where to begin would be nice. I can google and hack my way to victory from there.

If all else fails, I'll just get a different Bluetooth stick but I'm a big fan of using the hardware I have.

Edit:

I just did some tests on a different machine. It's running OpenELEC but it suffers from the same problem. Interestingly though it not only happens with the same Bluetooth stick but also with its internal Bluetooth (again connected via USB internally):

03f0:231d Hewlett-Packard Broadcom 2070 Bluetooth Combo

So it's probably not faulty hardware and probably not in that specific Bluetooth driver (unless it uses the same one).

Edit 2:

Maybe it only happened after I plugged in the stick once. Right now OpenELEC doesn't boot so I can't do any tests until I fix that.

Edit 3:

Double-checked with an Arch USB stick I had lying around. It definitely happens with those two different Bluetooth adapters but doesn't happen with the third one.

Last edited by FolkloreAddict (2016-04-02 17:25:09)

Board footer