You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-02 21:14:05

Suspend on lid close fails in GNOME

Greetings,

I have been running GNOME for quite some time now, and about a year ago, this problem started happening. My laptop refuses to suspend when the lid is closed. I believe this is specifically a GNOME issue because other DEs and WMs seem to work just fine in this regard. I've tested both KDE and i3 and both suspend correctly. Under the power settings in GNOME, there are no options regarding the lid closing.

This issue started happening around a year ago, and since then I have been suspending by running "systemctl suspend". I do not think this is a systemd issue, as it seems to be registering the lid close/open events just fine.

My laptop is an HP with both an integrated Intel gpu as well as a discrete AMD gpu. Other people with a similar issue stated that the issue was with systemd thinking that multiple displays were connected to the laptop due to two graphics processors. However, xrandr only shows 1 display connected.

As an aside note, the backlight brightness control also stopped working in GNOME. Again, this is not an issue with KDE. I do not know if this is a related issue, but I managed to fix this problem before I wiped my laptop's harddrive a couple of days ago. It is a problem again (I reinstalled Arch from scratch), and I do not recall how I fixed it earlier.

Board footer