You are not logged in.

#1 2006-05-06 10:19:30

ibrahim

I want to use firefox partial upgrades

The mozilla ftp shows the partial upgrade to the newest version of firefox as being 149kb, compare that with an 8.1mb dl via pacman and I'd prefer to use the built-in firefox upgrader. Problem is, it doesn't seem to work. I backup my profile (I learnt the hard way that running firefox as root can alter profile permissions), run firefox as root and click help-> check for updates. It says that no updates can be found although I know that 1.5.0.3 is available and I'm on 1.5.0.2. I tried using the manual upgade method but that fails too.

I assume that the reason the manual upgrade doesn't work (and this could possibly apply to the auto upgrade) is because it is assumed that firefox is installed to /opt/firefox and pacman installed it to a shared mozilla directory in /opt with a completely different diretory structure to what the update binary expects.

Is there any way to resolve this issue or is my only option to uninstall firefox and then re-install it by hand to /opt/firefox?

#2 2006-05-06 11:46:46

brain0
Developer

Re: I want to use firefox partial upgrades

I think the reason for this is that the firefox updates are made for the mozilla.org firefox builds. Arch uses its own build, so the updates do not apply to our version of firefox.

Board footer